The beast is dead!! long live the Newer Beast??

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Looking good so far dude! Those are some funky looking rocks you have there!

Was that silicone GE Type I? Be sure to let that scape sit for a while so the silicone can cure up fully before getting wet. The out gassing of the solevents is important for proper curing and won't happen under water fully. IT takes up to 7-14 days for a full cure. I am sure you know this already. Just a heads up for those that are following this build.

Look forward to the full tank shot when it is all scaped out!

Frank

The pics dont do those rocks (boulders) Justis. I could barely grip up my coffee mug the next day!!!

Yea I guess because the rock is all one color and basically the same random pattern for texture its hard to see the depth and features?? And sore in to lol

Nick
What kind of caulk did you use on the rocks to get them attached to the overflow/tank walls?

I used silicone, I just use the automotive version as you can get it in caulking tubes and its much cheaper and has no additives in it.

Good call Frankie!! A lot of that time is dependant on the thickness of the silicone used, so I would say at least a week for full cure on mine.

I will try some more pictures

Mojo

Ok here is the right side of the tank, its really hard to see the detail as the rock color and texture is all the same, but their are 4 overhanging arches and a bunch of shelving

021.JPG

Then on the right looking towards the center

0182.JPG

and the top down on the right so you get an idea of the arches and ledges

0201.JPG

So we ran out of locline so while I am waiting I will do some dressing up, by cutting back the foam, adding some small ledges and filling in the black foam with some smaller pieces to hide the gaps

Mojo

Attachments

• 0201.JPG
    0201.JPG
    47.2 KB
Hey! Looks awesome guys, great job and kudos to all of ya. Now that most all the heavy work is done I can safely plan a visit to inspect all your handy-work without breakin' a sweat.

Cheers, Todd

Just a guess but Monday may just be the day it starts filling up with some kind of water. The sooner the lock line the sooner completed

This scape is begging to be videoed! lol!

Looks awesome Mike. I agree that the pictures are hard to tell by if you don't know what your looking at. No worries, most here know what they are seeing. ;)

Where is the Calcuim reactor pics? I am really curious about the diffuser.

That's looking great Mike. Everything will fill in very nicely on the rockwork.

Cheers,
Alex

Looks like I've taught you well Mojo with how to aquascape lol! Looks great so far. :peace:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Santa?
Xmas.gif
LOL

You know Mojo I get royalties every time a pic of me is posted on this sight.
I thought you took some pics of the reactor also. Or is your design Top Secret ?

This is my Mojo look alike pic
110_2186.jpg

Should have the sump all patched up by this weekend

That's an awesome build Mike. Love the rock. I'm tagging along to see how it turns out and to learn. :) I can't wait to see the finished project.

Alright so we made enough progress with the bigger pieces so I figured I would cut up some little shelves to kind of give the rockwork some detail and some coral placing areas.

0016.JPG

Then made a bunch of them

0027.JPG

Then found neat and creative ways to mount them onto the rock work, lol

0039.JPG

Never give Matt the foam can lol

0045.JPG

and then glue in a bunch

0083.JPG

0182.JPG

mojo

Ok so all the scaping is done, still having issues taking a decent picture but here are some shots

Right side

0063.JPG

Middle of the tank from kind of a top down

0211.JPG

From the middle top looking right

0202.JPG

This one came out half decent from the right looking left

0233.JPG

Then looking from the middle to the left from the top. Show the big island thats kind of on its own

0241.JPG

So the sand is in and the water is mixing, we will give her a fill tomorrow.

Mojo

We might just make a reefer outta you yet.

Seriously tho, it is gonna look great once you get water in the darn thing Mike. Let me know what you are gonna do with it coral wise, I might have a frag or two for you, if you want. Might cost ya a dinner, but then again, it would be worth it for the drive over :):).

Wait a minute, you're putting sand in this?

Who are you and what did you do with Mojo?????

Nick

Back