The New Coral Farm is up and running. (still waiting on a few things)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

scottw

TeCh GUrU
Well I am going to start a thread about how I turned my old coral farm into a fire breathing coral farm (ok there is really no fire but who cares my wallet agrees with me, all I need now is a money tree:D)

Ok on with the goods. I will post some pics and this goes along, no need to just post everything in one post, that’s not fun :).

Here is the run down of the "fire breathing dragon".

EQUIPMENT:

2 tanks 1 is 8x3x22" and 1 is 7x3x22" and a 100 gallon Rubbermaid tub, biggest I could get to fit in the space I had.

Lighting: 6 x 400 20k XM w/Luminarc 3 hoods or 6 x 250 10k XM or 14k AC's w/Luminarc 3 hoods. (All of this already ordered) I will choose the bulbs once I see them on the tanks

Skimmer: Bubble King 300 Ext

Cx Reactor: Schuran Jetstream 1

Pumps: 2 x Darts 1 dedicated for each system. W/bulkheads I went with the Jet stream ones, basically the exact same thing you will find in your hot tub.. You know the ones that make you never want to get out of the water they feel so good :D, Tunze 6100’s when I get some extra cash inflow, I don’t even want to think what I just spent, and neither does my wife lol.

ZEOvit Reactor:
Custom 3' tall dual chamber 5 liter External ZEOvit Reactor

Controller: Still have to order it.
Aquatronica Controller:
* Main Unit
* Two 8 Outlet Power Bars
* Redox Interface
* Two PH Interface
* Temperature Sensor
* Water Level sensor
* PC Interface
* Software
* 3 Probe Holders
* Two PH Probes
* Redox Probe

Oh with the pictures.
I had 4 of these steel frames built for 2 reasons, 1 is they are light, 2 is I didn’t want to have to carry something 8 feet long!

Un-Finished
IMG_2965.jpg

Went with a white base coat so the RED would stick out.
IMG_2964.jpg

IMG_2969.jpg

IMG_2968.jpg

Ok time for some Red. (and of course it didn’t rain for 3 weeks, so the day I paint it does, so these are not done)

IMG_2970.jpg

Back