The Sherman Tank (Photo Scrapbook)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Well that sure did take a lot of the grainyness out of it. I bet that your curved glass is a big part of your problem.

I'm still not so sure about that extension tube. It really seems that's when things get messy. Both the other two cap shots are pretty nice, actually. This bottom one (that looks more pink) is probably a tad bit oversharpened, but these aren't as bad as you're making them out to be.

Drop that ISO as low as it goes. Try shooting with an aperture setting around f/8 to f/10, or so.

But yeah... there seems to be a real loss once that extension tube comes on, and I don't know anything about them to be able to help you. For now, I'd leave it aside until you figured out the shots without it, then bring it back in to the picture (no pun intended :) )

minimum ISO 200 A 9.5 1/3 sec exp

A lot better.....

Monti-Cap-7.jpg

Monti-Cap-6.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good to me! Now go get your own thread! :D

Edit: For some reason, I have an overwhelming urge to say "Strong with the camera, you are. But face Vader, you must."

But I don't know what Vader would be, sorry.

Last edited:
Sherman said:
Looks good to me! Now go get your own thread! :D

Edit: For some reason, I have an overwhelming urge to say "Strong with the camera, you are. But face Vader, you must."

But I don't know what Vader would be, sorry.

You never lost the thread........i was just a struggling student :p

Just giving you a hard time, sorry if it came across stronger than that.

I'm also running out of things to post, as I feel like I've shot about everything in my lil tank. This thread will be good for me, it will force me to be creative, and find new things in the tank.

And I have yet to get a good shot of my fourth fish, the 6-line wrasse.

welcome to RF....

those are some beautiful macro shots...very impressive!:D

So how about some shots of the tank as a whole?

MikeS

i agree with mike, and may be after that how about a picture of the night living creatures like worms or something :)

I'm still having trouble compensating for the massive contrast that MH lighting creates, but here's a shot from tonight.

fulltank120105.jpg

Wow, I was organizing photos, and realized I missed some of my other favorites.

Green Table
acro_table.jpg

Peach Millepora
millepora.jpg

Cali/Bennett Tort (first ever SPS purchase!)
cali_tort.jpg

Fuzzy Shroom
fuzzyshroom_macro.jpg

Xenia, Giving the Bird!
xenia_bird.jpg

you know i couldn't believe that was one of your hairy mushrooms dood.. awesome just awesome and i like your blue sps doood.

I'm not sure what you're asking. The acro now has a white (dead) spot on the tip.

And thank you for the encouragement.

Maybe I should check what I type, I edited my post. I just wanted to know If one will kill the other or just damage part of it, what is the best solution to preventing this, maybe just more distance apart I'm guessing would help. Would it be ok to just leave it alone & let one take over the other maybe?

Back