Time for another one... Custom 300 Gallon setup

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I wish :( looks like it will sit on the floor until this weekend, hopefully i can get time to finish it.

Here we go:
2011-12-08_22-57-20_729.jpg

2011-12-08_22-57-02_580.jpg

2011-12-07_14-33-18_556.jpg

2011-11-30_19-04-15_871.jpg

2011-11-30_19-03-43_662.jpg

2011-11-30_19-02-12_532.jpg

2011-11-30_19-02-07_139.jpg

and one of my other baby :)
2011-12-06_14-50-19_395.jpg

the stand will be done this weekend, i should have sand, water and rock going in early next week!

Stand is almost finished, plumbing is done, power is ran, rock scaping is done and water is going in! Getting close, cant wait for it to be ready for fish and corals.

Water is in and its starting to cycle. cant wait for the next few weeks to pass!

Here is a potential fish list, let me know if anything looks like it wont work out:

Fish List:
2 Purple Firefish gobys
Blue Spot Jawfish
Blonde naso tang
Powder blue tang
clown tang
purple tang
mimic lemon peel tang
4 bartletts anthias
Scotts fairy wrasse (Australian)

Did more looking last night and here is what i think the updated fish and invert list will be:

Fish List:
Blonde naso tang
Powder blue tang
Clown tang
Purple tang
Black tang
3 Yellow Tangs
4 bartletts anthias
Scotts fairy wrasse (Australian)
Pair of cross hatch triggers

I currently have a clown fish and thats all that will be going into this tank. Although in my last tank he was a huge bully and would beat up on all my tangs and other fish.

Inverts:
50 blue leg hermits
5 emerald crabs
5 cleaner shrimp
2 fire shrimp
20 turbo snails
20 nassarius snails

And if I put a RBTA on an island rock, what are the chances it would stay there over time?

Tank looks great. You are lucky to have a nice project as this to put together. We need some pics of the downstairs. Lets see what is powering this beast.

Thanks guys! I will take some sump pics soon, just got my sand today from marco rocks so that is going in now.

i really wanted to wait to see them produce a mac software, but my neighbor works for Microsoft so she grabbed me a copy windows 7 for free so i decided to use it as i only have mac computers.

Sorry i wont be doing anything for awhile, got rear ended today by a police officer and am in the hospital for the night, but will update with sump pics as soon as i get home :)

Hope you didnt get hurt in that one Tyson, I told you about driving backwards down the hwy!!, lol

Hey on the clown tang I would really give that one some thought, its one of the meanest fish I have ever kept, darn thing killed a bunch of my fish before I could get it out of the tank.

hope all is well.

Mike

Not to bad, broken rib, sprained neck and back. Nothing serious thankfully. Ive had really good luck with clown tangs i think, because ive had 2 of them and they never did anything to any of my fish, but then others like your story have said horrible things about them. My clown fish killed my last clown tang. I will think about it, if i get him he will go in the tank last so that the other fish have fist dibs on hiding spots.

How long are skimmer break in periods? my skimmer is in the correct depth of about 8" according to the papers it came with. it is fully open and both siccee pumps are on, yet its foaming over the top at an insane pace. will this settle down after a while? or should i turn one siccee pump off for abit?

cool! how high up are your Radion's? Read that Ecotech recommends something like 8" above water line if I remember correctly. Looks like you are getting some great coverage.

Last edited:
Back