Time for another one... Custom 300 Gallon setup

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

That is really nice looking!! I say send me the tank and the Evo or you get banned :lol:. I had an Evo as well, but mine was the original JDM EVO I. Crazy cars!!! Great work on the tank! Looking forward to seeing it stocked!:)

Also, sorry to hear about your accident. Glad you didn't get hurt worse than you did. :)

Last edited:
Good job, it looks like this tank has a bright future!! lol

keep the progress coming

Mojo

Thanks everyone!

Started dosing Microbactor7 a few days ago and have had perfect numbers accros the board since then. had a small spike in Nh3/4 which fell off when i started this. i will be waiting another week or so then start adding fish and corals hopefully if things look good.

The radions are only up that high because i havent ahd the time to finish the canopy and stand, i need to stain all the doors then they will go on and the lights will be droped to about 8-10" above the water, im working on a way to lower and raise them or able to remove them quickly and with ease hopefully.

the lighting is amazing so far! i had one fail in the begining, but they shipped me a new one next day air before i even ahd to send the other one back! amazing customer service and i would reccomend these lights to anyone forsure!

That is really nice looking!! I say send me the tank and the Evo or you get banned :lol:. I had an Evo as well, but mine was the original JDM EVO I. Crazy cars!!! Great work on the tank! Looking forward to seeing it stocked!:)

Also, sorry to hear about your accident. Glad you didn't get hurt worse than you did. :)

You can have the car and tank, but you have to pay for shipping to you :D :D haha for some reason i have a feeling that the car being shipped to you would cost a redicilous amount though. These cars are crazy fast and fun, havent had mine fora week or so now since the accident, oh well, the city will be funding the coral and fish from it though :) lol

Oh and currently the Radions are about 24" above the water level and its covering everything very well. they are only at about 45% in these pics! I plan to throw in some cheap frags on the bottom for a few weeks and see how the do with it.

Just did a full set of test again tonight and got the following:

PH-8.2
KH-7.5
NO2-0.002
NO3-1
NH3/4-0.01
MG-1100
Phosphate-400
Potassium-0.03/0.092
CA-400

I will be dosing bright well MG and CA tonight to bring those two up a little higher. These aren't bad numbers for only adding salt to the RODI water lol. Im using the brightwell salt BTW.

Params are looking good, so some fish and some coral will be added this week, cant wait!! i feel like im 5 and its christmas morning lol

Very nice setup Ty. I am jealous. The look of the peninsula style is one of my favorites. Plus there is very very very little equipment seen inside of the tank.
Great job.
Peppie

THank you! When designing it i tried really hard to keep as little equipment in the tank as possible, i wish the Mp40's had a thinner profile on them. but other than that its not to bad.

More live rock was added and test frags are doing amazing under the LEDs even with them being about 18" above the water level and the test frags are on the bottom of the tank.

Ill work on it today lol, doing some aquascaping and work on the stand so i should be able to take come pics before i go get my first tattoo.

Carpe Diem, it will run down the left side of my back and be about 18" long. no worries lol

You got rear ended,...BY A COP?!?! CHACHING!!! I would be planning on a bigger tank!! LOL! Glad to hear you are OK though.

Yea, thats what i was thinking LOL, but i decided a house first then a bigger tank. When I design my house I will be planning for a large in wall system somewhere.

A nice box full of corals came today, sitting in my office staring at me all day until i get home :(

Whats the best way to feed corals directly on the bottom of the tank? anyone have tips or secretes?

Back