Treehuggers (Jeff) 240

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Well, I delivered this tank to Jeffs earlier. Ya, I meant to say tank and not tank stand because this thing weighs alot. It was barely able to fit through the front door even after taking the door off the hinges. The stupid screen door frame ate up all of our room for movement and we dinged up the paint a bit. Fortunately I know a decent painter who can fix it.

I guess if its any consolation. Its not as heavy as a cast iron bath tub.:lol:
Ill bet the tank will be though.:cry:

great job trido,,alomost wet ,,,Jeff,,,i'm so exciting for you,,,:)and
keep mention every time i call you about 400+,,it might happened when i can put them in the house,,,:D:D:D
trido,,,i knew who can make the furniture now ,,stay tune for big stand and hood.:D

photos!

hey gang... it is my first time really posting here... i'm jeff's partner in crime on this new tank. since he's too lazy to post pictures i'll post some from the stand arrival last night...

it's always nice to start off with a door off it's hindges.

1stand.jpg

next we have j & d squeeking the stand through teh newly dedoored doorway. look at those big happy smiles...

2stand.jpg

while all this was going on ayla was re-introduced to her play pen. look at that big happy smile...

3stand.jpg

the front door wasn't the only door we had to take off...

4stand.jpg

the leprachun escapes...

5stand.jpg

stand and hood in all their glory...

6stand.jpg

here's the start of the sump... we got a killer deal on custom cut glass... jeff will elaborate on that later.

7stand.jpg

fun for the whole family! or at least until they are old enough to yell at you for buying a giantic tank!

8stand.jpg

9stand.jpg

so that's that for now... the tank should be here monday... anyone who wants to help gets free corned beef and cabbage. mmmmmmmmmmmm!

Trido!!!
You are the f-in man!!!! that looks like a million bucks!!!! i made a mental note to look you up when i need one, when i seen the stand last weekend when i was picking up some frags. it was just the plywood then and i would have bought it!!!! it looks like a million bucks now!!!! damn it dwane your a damn genuis!!!!!! nice job!!!

Who thought getting a stand in the house would be such a project. I dont' know about you duane but my back is a bit on the hurtin' side here today. Like the above posts say and the pictures show, it was more involved then anticipated. It was however well worth the effort though...check out that stand/canopy!!! I hadn't seen the finished product until last night and i almost s#@% when I saw how beautiful it was! Duane did an amazing job and went well out of his way to help me with this project, not to mention helping to shove it through the door. One last major piece and we're in business...that tank better be here monday like they promised...

I'm really starting to get pissed with Glasscages now. They have been giving me the run around for a week and a half now about the shipping of the tank and when it will be here. Not to mention, they said I'd be able to pick up on any Sat from the freight depot which is not the case at all I just found out. Then they sent me a bunk tracking number and said it was shipped for arrival here on 3/17 only to find out today that it got delayed leaving their depot and now it won't be here until 3/18. That would be fine with me but I won't be able to pick it up now until 3/24 because of my work schedule which would have allowed me to pick it up on monday. Not to keep bitching but the wifey and baby are out of town for 10days which was suppose to give me enough time to mess the house up and have it all cleaned up. Now it looks like I won't even have the tank until the day they get back. Robyn is going to really love me now and love this tank even more when she has to put up with me setting it up.

That does suck. I hate it when you try and make plans.Someone always seems to make changes for you, when you don't need them.

Alright. So i'm almost finished with the sump (i'll post pictures later). Now that I have a working tracking number, it looks like the tank will be here tuesday for sure. I'm going to be taking the afternoon off of work as long as we can get this truck rental squared away so that I can drive to tukwila to pick this thing up finally. That means if all goes to plan(which the way this thing has been going who knows), I'll be needing some extra hands tuesday evening to move this beast into the house. Any takers? I'll keep you all posted on the situation/time frame once I know for sure. Thanks Jeff

I'm really starting to get pissed with Glasscages now. They have been giving me the run around for a week and a half now about the shipping of the tank and when it will be here. Not to mention, they said I'd be able to pick up on any Sat from the freight depot which is not the case at all I just found out. Then they sent me a bunk tracking number and said it was shipped for arrival here on 3/17 only to find out today that it got delayed leaving their depot and now it won't be here until 3/18. That would be fine with me but I won't be able to pick it up now until 3/24 because of my work schedule which would have allowed me to pick it up on monday. Not to keep bitching but the wifey and baby are out of town for 10days which was suppose to give me enough time to mess the house up and have it all cleaned up. Now it looks like I won't even have the tank until the day they get back. Robyn is going to really love me now and love this tank even more when she has to put up with me setting it up.

Sorry to hear...Sounds like a normal occurance for me whenever I order anything :rolleyes: Hope you get your tank soon :)

I wish I was closer to help you out. It would be hard to get out that way on the weekday. Maybe on a weekend.

Ill come to help as long as you promise I wont be the only one there to give a few drops of blood for your cause. :evil:

What's a few more drops of blood there trido...haha
I'll know for sure tomorrow morning if it's going to be a go and then it's time to hit the panic button for help!

Back