TRU T5 bulbs - good or no good? looking for opinions

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

class clown

Hey gang,

I found a screaming deal on TRU T5 bulbs (actinic or 10k) through a vendor for $10 a bulb from now until Monday. I can't say the name on here b/c they are non RF sponsors (PM me if interested), but I'm thinking I might order some up just b/c of the price.

Does anyone have any opinions on TRU bulbs? just as good as the rest? any bad experiences?

appreciate anything you can share on these. thanks!

Ben

oh cool. I thought I remembered getting in trouble for it before, but maybe that was something else. in that case, it's hellolights.com..

check it out: http://www.hellolights.com/

all TRU t5 bulbs no matter the size or color is $10 from now until monday :eek::eek::eek:

Any thoughts on the quality/performance of these bulbs?

I am a regular hellolights customer and have been quite happy with all their products. I haven't used these particular bulbs but every once in a while they do a $10 special on some really nice stuff.

Tim

Ben,

I'm on their mailing list and saw this special. I am waiting for them to stock a new product, Helios T5 2x39w Ready Kit. I spoke with a rep today and they should be available the end of next week. I plan on getting their Helios SuperBlue 03 bulb which is supposed to be sweet. It runs around $16. The caveat is that you can only run helios bulbs with a helios system as these bulbs are longer than the conventional T5 bulb.

HTH,
Kirk

My current MH setup minus the Lumenarc III reflectors is all from Hellolights. I have 2x250w XM 10K bulbs powered by a ARO Electronic ballast.

No complaints.

Kirk

Back