Upgrade issue "Post Here"

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Scooty, I checked out the one you had up last night titled "Scooty" and it wasn't bad at all. :)

This I talked to Mike about, not sure what is going to happen, so until farther notice, let me get back to you on this one.

Ok on the forum size/width and so on I am not going to make any changes to it anymore. If we alter it anymore we are going to screw the whole thing up.

I realize some folks dont like it and have various issues with various setups so if you look at the bottom left of the page thier is now an option to change your style to the default style. The will remove all the pictures/graphics for ya and then it will make it full screen.

On the sponcer button, it is on the sponcer header in the forums gallery, It should be highlighted in blue. We are have a little issue with the page it links to right now but that should be fixed pretty quick.

VB was nice enough to put out a major security patch after we upgraded so we shut down and put it through. With that update their was also alot more mobile support features. Basically the ones they said were already present but were not. SO for all you mobile folks I hope this helps.

We dumped and reloaded the chat again, so now if you click on it, it should autoload you in a seperate page. Or at least is was doing it for me this morning.

On the classified I am almost finnished configuring it , so I will look into the smilie thing.

And thats about it,

Mojo

Ok on the forum size/width and so on I am not going to make any changes to it anymore. If we alter it anymore we are going to screw the whole thing up.

I realize some folks dont like it and have various issues with various setups so if you look at the bottom left of the page thier is now an option to change your style to the default style. The will remove all the pictures/graphics for ya and then it will make it full screen.

I'm not seeing the 'default' option on the bottom left of the page. I've been trying to get used to the new look, but honestly I can't do it for more than few minutes before I get a headache and eyestrain and start feeling claustrophobic from all the 'busy-ness' of the new background.
Not trying to gripe, I know how hard it is to try to keep things fresh and everyone happy with the changes. :)

Hmm Its working for me. its called vb4 default style?? No problem with not likeing the background. We are just trying to make it good for everyone, so if this helps its a sucess

let me know

Mike

Two more things...

1. Pictures sent in PM are getting hacked in half where the center meets the side bar.

2. In a PM where there is a series of replies back and forth, each previous PM becomes narrower and narrower until you are looking at a single column of letters.

Ok cy are you running the board with the picture background or the default. On the pictures showing up in the PM box, that is a function of VB and I cannot change it. On the displaying of previuous messages, you are saying they are getting narrower?? as in the screen is shrinking to only a 1 letter width??

Mojo

One issue I have seen is some new posts dont pop up on the screen when you click "Whats New". For example... I just created a thread in the Equipment Forum about an Oceanic sump and when I click "Whats New" 10 minutes later it is not listed. Sorry if this has been covered already, it's just something I notices this morning.

its showing up for me, but I think that is a matter of the search engine refreshing I will see if theirs a setting for that.

Mojo

One thing also is that with all these alterations some might not be showing up for various users. What we have found is to clear your cache and cookies and they seem to all work. On another note alot has to do with the browser you are using, ie version, chrome, foxfire and so on. so you might want to play around with that to.

Mojo

Is there a "new post" function as there was on the previous forum. It used to bring up all the posts that had been posted since your last visit (i think).

One thing also is that with all these alterations some might not be showing up for various users. What we have found is to clear your cache and cookies and they seem to all work. On another note alot has to do with the browser you are using, ie version, chrome, foxfire and so on. so you might want to play around with that to.

Mojo

I am using Firefox 3.6.12 I just cleared all history, cache, cookies and so on and it still doesn't show up. As a matter of fact this thread doesn't even show up now that I cleared all these things. I had to look for it and found it in the Feedback Forum.

On the front page recent threads it shows up right away. I have the ability to manipulate it. On the whats new, I still cant find a direct way to control how quick it refreshes, but I am still looking for it.

Mojo

Cool. Thank you for all your efforts in this and this fantastic upgrade. I already don't even remember what this site used to look like and I spent A LOT of time here.

I'm not seeing the 'default' option on the bottom left of the page.

Me neither. I was able to change my skin yesterday through the control panel/user settings, but that option isn't there anymore. And I'm not seeing that option on the bottom of *any* page.

I've been trying to get used to the new look, but honestly I can't do it for more than few minutes before I get a headache and eyestrain and start feeling claustrophobic from all the 'busy-ness' of the new background.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one.

Me neither. I was able to change my skin yesterday through the control panel/user settings, but that option isn't there anymore. And I'm not seeing that option on the bottom of *any* page.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one.

What web browser are you using?

Don

For the record, I don't have the option on my screen today either to change the skin although I did have it yesterday. With that said though, I love the new layout which has worked fine for me on 2 different computers and my iphone. No problems viewing it nor any problems with my eyes playing tricks on me LOL! I do think if possible, it would be nice for their to be an alternative view for those that find the screen a bit too colorful. I think Mojo said something about maybe having the VB default skin as an option, but not 100% sure. :)

Ok the option for changing your skin to the default is set to on and should be visable on the bottom bar of every page (it is for me??) and should also be in the setting section of users profile. I had to dunp my cookies in order to finally show, so perhaps others need to do it to??
Don on the other hand was having issues using chrome and had to switch back to IE in order to see stuff properly?

Mike

Back