Upgrade issue "Post Here"

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Here ya go. Down at the bottom of every page.

Don

Attachments

• corner.JPG
    corner.JPG
    24.7 KB
This is a link to another thread on the forum. Yes, it's a different color but not so much that it jumps out and not being underlined allows it to blend in even more.

Mike

McCommer you can already Highlight or manipulate the link. When you first create it go straight to the font siz/color and font type. You do this while the link is still highlighted.
http://www.reeffrontiers.com[/SIZE]

Mojo

Is there a way to set it so that underlined and bold are defaults for links. I'm the guy that will be signing documents with 2010 until March or April. There's no way I'll remember to set bold, color, and underline each time I place a link in a post.

Mike

uh.....my only complaint is that I didn't receive my winning lotto numbers.....the drawing is coming up in a few days....can you guys put a rush on that for me please :)

I'm sure it has been mentioned before, but I'm still not seeing current "new posts" when I click on that tab.
I posted in several threads this morning and don't see the posts and it's been more than a half hour for a couple.
Tried both the what's new tab and the new posts.

This should explain it Martin.
http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/f28/whats-new-search-59008/

As it stands, the what's new and new post search work the same way as described in that link. Apparently the designer or whoever can't seem to get that tab to work the way it use to for us just yet so you will have to use the home page for your "new posts" search as it is set up the same way. You make a post and hit the reef frontiers banner or home tab to take you to the home page and there it will be displayed. :)

So, some one else has to reply to the thread, after I do, in order for me to see my posts?

So, some one else has to reply to the thread, after I do, in order for me to see my posts?

Think of the "Whats New" link as "whats new that I have NOT seen since my last vist to RF".
It uses the search engine and that is the search criteria.

Don

Or just go to the home page to see it.

Yea Martin... So when I hit post reply here after making this post, this thread will be bumped to the top of the home page. It will stay at the top until someone makes a post on another thread which will start moving this thread down the list on the home page. With ten spots available, there would have to be ten more posts on different threads to take it completely off of the home page and from there to get it back to the top would just take another post here and the cycle continues again. Same way the new post tab worked on the old forum. :)

Yea Martin... So when I hit post reply here after making this post, this thread will be bumped to the top of the home page. It will stay at the top until someone makes a post on another thread which will start moving this thread down the list on the home page. With ten spots available, there would have to be ten more posts on different threads to take it completely off of the home page and from there to get it back to the top would just take another post here and the cycle continues again. Same way the new post tab worked on the old forum. :)

I understand all that.
I was just saying that I made some comments on 3 different posts and after a 1/2 hour or so I wanted to make double sure I didn't leave some huge spelling mistake.
The posts I'd made did not show up in the new posts tab or what's new tab. Only on the home page.
I'd think that post I made should show up after either one of those posts.

I understand all that.
I was just saying that I made some comments on 3 different posts and after a 1/2 hour or so I wanted to make double sure I didn't leave some huge spelling mistake.
The posts I'd made did not show up in the new posts tab or what's new tab. Only on the home page.
I'd think that post I made should show up after either one of those posts.

Yea, Don will have to explain in more detail how that "what's new" and "new post" tab works. Him and Mojo discussed it a bit and figured it out, however, just don't think of those 2 tabs to be anything like the old "new post" tab.

Think of the "Whats New" link as "whats new that I have NOT seen since my last vist to RF".
It uses the search engine and that is the search criteria.

Don
Maybe if i rebuild the search engine, i can run that and see what happens.

To be blunt, if when you do click on the " new posts" tab and it doesn't bring up the newest posts,,,,,,,,,, what is it for?

LOL!! I have no idea. I guess it is supposed to work the way the old one use to but for some reason, whoever Mike hired to design the layout here can't seem to get himself together and get the tab to work the way we want it to so for now, we have to just wait it out and use the home page as our "new post" tab so to speak. :)

Last edited:
Back