Upgrade issue "Post Here"

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Jake go to the top bar and you will see quick links and then click on open contacts popup, theat the new VB buddy

MIke

Hit the whats new button, it will bring up a list of threads with new posts since your last visit

but if I mark all forums read then it shows me nothing. If we had a todays posts I could still see what all was posted in.

They dont have that feature anymore on VB, I guess they decided this was a better feature?

Hmm....well I hope there is a way to work around it. I will keep my fingers crossed. What about within Quick links?

I would say if you dont mark the forums read, you can keep hitting the whats new and then if a new post comes up it will show

Mike

guess that is what I am going to have to do. But when I log on with my phone with Tapatalk I still get that option.

New question?? I can send a member a PM by clicking on their name and selecting the action i wish to do. Is there a way you can invite someone to the chat room via the same method? Of course they would have the option to deny your request. I thought of this when someone answered a question i had and i wanted to ask a few follow up questions. I can see my friends online on the home page but have no way to contact them other than PM.

Pretty cool idea although I don't think that option could be added here (Mike or Scooty would have to confirm). Nonetheless, it would probably be just as easy/the same thing, to just send the person a pm asking them to meet you in chat. Both methods (your idea vs a pm) would both require accepting a request. I would think the pm would be better in the event the person can't meet right then, they could respond by telling you what time to meet etc. Just a thought. :)

Sometimes I wish I could look at the home picture without anything blocking the view. Is it possible to do that? Would be really cool if there was a way for the picture to move to the front somewhat like a screen saver if you sat idle for a few minutes, but that's probably not doable. At least a closed thread in photography maybe?

New question?? I can send a member a PM by clicking on their name and selecting the action i wish to do. Is there a way you can invite someone to the chat room via the same method?
Nope but I am working on getting an app that will show who is in chat.

Sometimes I wish I could look at the home picture without anything blocking the view
ROFL if you only new how many folks have complained about the picture as a background instead of a solid color!!!!!!!!! If you want I had to buy the picture so I have a copy you could have, shoot me an email and I can copy it to ya.

Mojo

Email notifications changed? I use to be able to read post from the notification email and now I can't if that makes sense

I think what they mean Mojo is before, when you got an email notification that you were sent a pm for eg, the email usually contained the actual message in it as well (ie the pm message you were sent) so you knew exactly what the message said from reading your email without even having to log into Reef Frontiers and read the pm. So if Martin pm'd me and said, "Krish you suck!". I'd get an email notification to my hotmail account that says, "You have recieved a private message from Finn at Reef Frontiers" and underneath would have the message "Krish you suck". LOL!

Last edited:
Here's an example:

email on 12/18

Dear rainydave,

Frankie has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Anything about the hobby...Answer and ask - in the General Discussion forum of Reef Frontiers.

This thread is located at:
http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/f14/anything-about-hobby-answer-ask-58939-new/

Note: If you reply to this email, the reply will be sent to the administrator of Reef Frontiers, not on the intended thread.

Here is the message that has just been posted:
A. Unfortunately for this anemone, it has been labeled as a beginners anemone. They are hardy anemones compared to host anemones and are less expensive, making them a target for beginners on a tight budget.
But like most reef type animals they require an established mature system to thrive in. I view this anemone as an advanced LRFO anemone. Most Condylactus that I see on the net die within a year from starvation and lack of environment conditions.
They are not very compatible to the reef hobby either. They move a lot. They sting and do not host fish.
This is one of those "best left in the ocean" animals imo :)

Q. What is the most reef compatible angelfish?

There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

All the best,
Reef Frontiers

email about same thread received today:

Dear rainydave,

krish has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Anything about the hobby...Answer and ask - in the General Discussion forum of Reef Frontiers.

This thread is located at:
http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/f14/anything-about-hobby-answer-ask-58939-new/

Note: If you reply to this email, the reply will be sent to the administrator of Reef Frontiers, not on the intended thread.

There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

All the best,
Reef Frontiers

See how the email on 12/18 had the text of the post in it, while the email from today did not.

Not a big deal, just weird that it changed over the weekend.

Back