Upgrade to 180 from 75 on a budget. :)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Ouch! sounds like a tough weekend.
I like it, "Hammer to fit, putty and paint to match"
That's how I do it :)

Alright so I have finished the hood. I said that I would get pics of it on here. Let me know of what you think.

DSC03462.jpg

DSC03460.jpg

DSC03461.jpg

DSC03458.jpg

DSC03457.jpg

I am going to have 2 holes with PC fans blowing in. The hood is going to be suspended so there is going to be plenty of ventilation even with out the fans. All of the ballasts will be remote in the stand.

Looks great cant wait to see it up man :D

i still gotta close the top of mine in when i can afford it LOL
still recovering from the plumbing :eek:

I have not started the plumbing yet but that is the next phase. I will probably go down and get most of the plumbing today. I am figuring that I will get about 20' of rigid pvc. not sure which is best to go with , SCHED 40 or SCHED 80. I know that I hear a few people on here go back on forth on that one.

"Thanks" goes to justin again. That piece of acrylic was perfect size and I got it glued in the sump last night.

DBM- I can't wait for it to be set up either, I think the "Old Lady" is in more of a hurry for me to get it running. Something about the stuff in the garage was promised to be broken down, the electricity bill going back to some what of a norm, and garage space recovered for some of her essential storage.

So I know that I keep extending this out. But I still have not picked up my PVC yet. I got to busy with the painting of the back of the tank. I am trying to do a fade from black (bottom) to blue (top). So I am probably getting ahead of myself, but just thought I would try it out. I also found out that spray painting requires ventilation. Wheew talk about some fumes. I walked out of the garage all irie eyed and talking funny. Probably should open the garage for the next phase.

hahaha i found that out as well......lol i just painted my navy blue. wanted a different color other then baby blue or black.

Well I finished the paint job with minimal area's that are not runny. Not really it came out really nice. I really dig the fade from blue to black

Back