Volcano reef Round 2/revive tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Why not do a mixed reef. Some of the most stunning tanks I've seen have SPS, LPS, and softies. Looks more natural.

I'm glad to see you didn't throw in the towel. You seem to have enjoyed this too much to give it up :)

maybe even a couple of those bad ass
crazy sunburst rose bubble nems:
64088_143798075742239_141566375965409_161270_604471504_n.jpg

I LOVE the color of sps but I love to watch a softy tank too.. maybe you could do some kinda zones, or sections of all 3 and an extra waterfall would be tight...

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G with Beats Audio using Tapatalk 2

Sooo glad that you are starting it back up. Don't let the situation kill your drives/asperations/hobbies. F-that! If you find things you want/need you can always host them in my tank while you wait!

ya well sounds like a mixed thoughts about ur sand...u could try it and change it if needed i guess. Since its empty... lol
Id do mainly sps and lps and some softies here and their or in safe zones!

+1 about the canary...good idea using test subjects lol...

ya well sounds like a mixed thoughts about ur sand...u could try it and change it if needed i guess. Since its empty... lol
Id do mainly sps and lps and some softies here and their or in safe zones!

+1 about the canary...good idea using test subjects lol...

Yeah,I think I will go the same route. Mainly sps,lps and ton of zoos. This is gonna be fun stocking and putting them in there place.

Sorry,been so busy with everything havent posted. I got a few canaries from buddie Jason (Fallon) and a snail. They were fresh water mollies,converted into saltwater.Tiny baby fish, 2 out of 5 baby fish survived,its been close to a week and the snail is still living also =)

Fishtank update levels are as followed
Nitrates @ 0
Nitrites @ 0
Ammonia @ 0
Phosphates @ 0
Calcium @ 420
Alkalinty @ 11 dkh
Magnesium @ 1500
Salinty 1.022 need to bump up

going to do a 15 gallon water change,system is 40 gallons.
and go out and get a cleaner crew and a clownfish

Looks likes things are starting to look good

Glad to hear things are moving in a positive direction.
Keep at it and let us see some pics of your new clown.

Alright so heres some pics. I decided not to get a clown yet,so I just got a yellow black stripe damsel.
He has been swimming and very active. Also got a clean up grew 7 hermits 13 snails. I have a hair algae out break and they have been going to town it.

I know I shoulndt have gotten a damesl, gonna be hard to catch the little bugger
IMG_20120517_150014.jpg

Myfirst hair algae outbreak =(
IMG_20120517_150025.jpg

IMG_20120517_150147.jpg

IMG_20120517_150156.jpg

I have a fish trap that I built at the north sound reef get together we can try if the need arises.

Back