Vortech Pump

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

well the pump has an anchor to it so if it did get bumped it would not fall on the kids head. now if you don't put the anchor on your tank/canopy then that is that persons stupid fault for not installing correctly.

mattseattle said:
good point luke....as well as animals. i've read horror stories of dogs dying after poking their heads in a bucket that had zoo's in it.

i think kids should be taught to stay at least 2 feet away from a tank! :)

as the story of the dog other things can happened (hope not) but at the day we most work outside and visitor can come home with theirs children's
and the wife can talk with her friend not to put attention..... the child play with the pump.... and things like that can be often then the story with the dog.

hope it will not happened to no one :)

mattseattle said:
well the pump has an anchor to it so if it did get bumped it would not fall on the kids head. now if you don't put the anchor on your tank/canopy then that is that persons stupid fault for not installing correctly.

interesting to know if you put the pump near to the bottom of the tank this anchor still can hold it ?

it's an anchor that attaches to the cord so no matter where you put the pump it will keep it from falling to the ground. that is the first thing i put on. i knew if i didn't i would somehow drop the motor to the ground. i have mine the anchor affixed to my canopy.

I think a lot of people are missing a key point here. It seems just about everybody visualizes the vortech having the motor assembly hanging off the front. You could certianly stick it on the back, or for the bare bottom guys, likely even the bottom of the tank would be fine(assumeing your stand has a place with exposted bottom.

I mean, for the people talking about visual lack of appeal here, I would love to see a closed loop with its many hanging PVC tubes and things and a pump(s) off the back of the tank compair with a neat little hockey puck thing stuck on the back. No leak potential, no turning a tank to swisscheese, no external pump location, no bulky PVC in the way, etc etc. I think at full retail price you are getting a lot of bennifits for your money, and at a DIY type price of say $100 for 4 working units and a controler, I think its VERY tough to beat.

Of the several people that I know that "had" the Vortech.....

notice the word "had"... ;)

Best,
Ilham

I'm going with the Swiss cheese, one pump that can do the job of several of these. My tank you will see no plumbing only small nozzles out the back.

I know someone who tested out the Vortech and after 20 mins decided he loves the Tunze way more and would never keep a vortech! I'm not trying to talk bad about the vortech's or anything, but figured I'd share that. I know some people who don't like Tunzes, so I guess it all comes down to the fact that people will develop their own opinions on everything...

That's too bad. I was hoping to be able to pick up some cheap Tunzes with the rush for these. Have any of you guys seen the Polario pump?

It claims something like 10,000 gph on less than 100 watts. It has outlets/inlets on either side to fit 2" PVC and can alternate directions. Think of it like an in-line duct fan. It was shown at Interzoo.

polario

VegasMike said:
That's too bad. I was hoping to be able to pick up some cheap Tunzes with the rush for these. Have any of you guys seen the Polario pump?

It claims something like 10,000 gph on less than 100 watts. It has outlets/inlets on either side to fit 2" PVC and can alternate directions. Think of it like an in-line duct fan. It was shown at Interzoo.

Mike,
I would love to learn more about Polario. I am also buying tunzes. I just recieved two more Tunze rocks to hide them in. I am very interested in Polario. Can you please tell me more?
Thanks in Advance
Ed:)

The best way to find out more is to check out the thread on them over at www.zeovit.com about a "new toy". Thread starter was O2manyfish (Dave B.)

There are also pics on the Interzoo thread over there.

just cool? apparently you did not see the same pictures i did.

polario_closed.jpg

but you only need one....

they look awesome but i am not re-designing my closed loop system to accomodate one! :) i refuse! <Grin>

That "polario" is pretty cool.. It'd be easy to split into several 1" reduced inlets to the 2" pipes and have yourself a very efficient closed loop.. Very cool.

Back