Vortech Pump

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

You guys are correct on many points. We had our fair share of problems in the beginning but we have worked overtime to rectify those problems AND take care of the customers we already had. The pump has only become better since its original inception and time will prove its reliability. Pumps shipping this month feature all of the upgrades we've worked the last four months to develop.

The battery backup is now out for the pump which is an incredibly simple device which won't experience any of the problems we experienced with the pump during the very beginning. For the money, it's going to be tough to get that amount of insurance by any other means.

-Tim

You guys are correct on many points. We had our fair share of problems in the beginning but we have worked overtime to rectify those problems AND take care of the customers we already had. The pump has only become better since its original inception and time will prove its reliability. Pumps shipping this month feature all of the upgrades we've worked the last four months to develop.

The battery backup is now out for the pump which is an incredibly simple device which won't experience any of the problems we experienced with the pump during the very beginning. For the money, it's going to be tough to get that amount of insurance by any other means.

-Tim

See, we all knew you guys were on top of things, keep up the good work.

Tim

Well guys I have not chimed in on this thread (didn't know about it) but any of you who have questions about the Vortechs are more than welcome to PM me or visit my tank. I have 4 of them in a somewhat out-of-the-ordinary application and have run the gamut of problems with these pumps.

They have been tough and I have had mixed feelings about them since I got them. But IMO, pound-for-pound, there is no better PH when you consider the power consumption to flow ratio and battery BU. These pumps really kick butt on flow.

Eco-tech has been extremely responsive to the issues I have encountered and I think all-in-all they have their heart in the right place. They are not trying to screw anyone that's for sure. I got third generation pumps and there have been several revisions since, and I believe all of which I have implemented. I really didn't enjoy the rattling that I experienced and constant re-adjustment needed but now they are fairly set and forget.

The technology is very promising and I would bet dollars to donuts that Eco-Tech has entered the market with a major trend setter. Now they have to worry about knock-offs! :D

i have 2 vortec pump and they are great pump more then that the service and the customer support that i get from eco tech was the best. i hope the controller will be soon out .at the begin it was issue of the gasket but it's fixed and the pumps work smooth.

Back