1" overflow is about 900 GPH
put a ball valve on your return pump to "tune it in"
IDK what that meens :(

Sump & Overflow i bought.. 20g sump.
1012091620b.jpg

1012091620a.jpg

1012091620.jpg

1012091619.jpg

As I just mentioned in another of your threads, SLOW DOWN. You need to stop making any purchases, or looking for corals, fish or anything else, until you're willing to learn. You need to do a lot of research, BEFORE making purchases, or you're just throwing money away.

What u meen research ? ugh so much for a lil 14 yr old to understand :(

Last edited:
I'd recommend you doing A LOT of research, before doing anything else. This hobby require A LOT of learning, in order to get it right, or even close to right. So far, you've started a ton of posts, most on the same subject, and it appears to me that you really need to slow down. You started a thread about this fixture, 2 days ago, about if you should purchase this fixture, and received lots of great advice on it. It appears you decided to buy the fixture anyway, despite of the advice you received. Now you're wondering if you should sell the fixture. Be patient, take things slow, study a lot, BEFORE making anymore purchases.

Without knowing more about your tank, your desired corals, inverts, etc...we can't make a recommendation about your current light fixture.

i just read what u said above, and okay :( and to buying the light, u guys didnt reply till i left my brother was rushing me sorry :( and all u guys said was there will be overshadow from middle bar but theres none because its acrylic

You need to research EVERYTHING!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myteemouse View Post
1" overflow is about 900 GPH
put a ball valve on your return pump to "tune it in"
IDK what that meens

Prime example. Research your overflow, how much flow can it handle? Without knowing how much flow it can handle, you have no way of knowing what size return pump to get. Also, are you aware of some of the inherent problems with U-tube style overflows? If not, you'd better become aware of them, and how to avoid them, BEFORE setting that thing up. Otherwise, you're asking for a flood.

As for you purchasing the light fixture before we responded with enough advice, because your brother was rushing you...that's exactly what I mean. Research BEFORE making a purchase. If you don't have time, don't purchase anything.

Last edited:
You need to research EVERYTHING!!

Prime example. Research your overflow, how much flow can it handle? Without knowing how much flow it can handle, you have no way of knowing what size return pump to get. Also, are you aware of some of the inherent problems with U-tube style overflows? If not, you'd better become aware of them, and how to avoid them, BEFORE setting that thing up. Otherwise, you're asking for a flood.

As for you purchasing the light fixture before we responded with enough advice, because your brother was rushing you...that's exactly what I mean. Research BEFORE making a purchase. If you don't have time, don't purchase anything.

o.o Okay how about this, i tell u everything i currently have on my aquariums, and stuff. Like everything about it. and u tell me what im missing or whats wrong with my equipment.. all i wanna know is my equipment wise right now... later ill tell u corals i want and stuff

ugh so much for a lil 14 yr old to understand

Please don't EVER use your age as an excuse!!! Being that I started when I was 12 (now 18) that is my biggest pet peve ever. It shouldn't matter if you are 10, 100, poor, or rich... All that should matter is how the animals in your possesion are being taken care of and that they ARE being taken care of right. Please do listen to others when they give you advice. We have all been there and are just trying to help. You are going to make it alot harder on your self and regret it down the road if you don't.

Thanks, and good luck to you

-augustus

o.o Okay how about this, i tell u everything i currently have on my aquariums, and stuff. Like everything about it. and u tell me what im missing or whats wrong with my equipment.. all i wanna know is my equipment wise right now... later ill tell u corals i want and stuff

Now that would be too much like doing your homework for you!! Just like your teachers telling you that you'll learn it better, if you do the work yourself...

If we gave you all the answers, you still wouldn't know the "why." You need to know WHY certain equipment is better than other equipment. You need to know WHY you should get one particular light fixture, over another....

The best way for you to learn all of this is to read...read lots....

Now that would be too much like doing your homework for you!! Just like your teachers telling you that you'll learn it better, if you do the work yourself...

If we gave you all the answers, you still wouldn't know the "why." You need to know WHY certain equipment is better than other equipment. You need to know WHY you should get one particular light fixture, over another....

The best way for you to learn all of this is to read...read lots....

i just read about the fish size, and FO FOWLR thingy... i guess u r right about the tang... but thats my moms favorite fish so :lol: hard to get rid of. but if i do ill prolly try trade it for a skimmer if that sounds reasonable?

o and another thing, what are some fishes you'd recomend for my tank , i currently have a
bluetang,scopustang,pair of ocelaris i believe. clownfish in my 44g (i thnk 50g actually)
And pair of ocelaris clownfish, damsel, bandit goby in my 75g.

Ahhh, I see. After you get rid of both Tangs, then you'll be able to add a couple small/medium fish.

As for the Coralife Superskimmer...don't bother. There are way better skimmers out there, in the same price range. Keep reading!! Read through the Equipment forum, here on Reef Frontiers. Pay particular close attention to the users Skimerwhisperer and Luke33. They are the skimmer Gurus and will have the best advice!!

what kind of protein skimmer do you havE?

Not sure why it matters to you, but it is a aqua via that I have extended to about 2.5' tall and added a larger pump with a meshmod and larger venturi with home maid silencer. The cup (when adjusted right) fills up in about a day or two. I am a budget reefer so I do alot of DIY, but its done the right way. I'm not saying that you can't, it will just take alot of knowledge and time.

-augustus

Ahhh, I see. After you get rid of both Tangs, then you'll be able to add a couple small/medium fish.

As for the Coralife Superskimmer...don't bother. There are way better skimmers out there, in the same price range. Keep reading!! Read through the Equipment forum, here on Reef Frontiers. Pay particular close attention to the users Skimerwhisperer and Luke33. They are the skimmer Gurus and will have the best advice!!

http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45813

think that one would be good for me?

That is the best skimmer that you have asked about so far. Just make sure that you do have room for it. That is a pretty small footprint so I would think you would be OK. But make sure before you decide.

You're headed in the right direction listening to Skimmie! Again, might not be the "best" skimmer but a definite improvement over what you were thinking before. You've taken a lot of ugly hits out here and i'm very proud that you continue strive to set up the best coral tank you can afford to do. Keep asking questions and do your research....you'll get there!

Back