What skimmer is best for me?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

tangtang clown

I have a 75gal sw tank with a 20-30gal sump with a trickle down and 150lbs of live rock, 60 lbs live sand.
I took out the bio balls from the trickle down side the added small peices of live rock. I have an excalibur in-sump skimmer on the other side next to the return pump(mag 12). I also have a ball of macro algae in this side.

I am looking to try a different skimmer( curiousity killed the cat).

I have looked at Berlin, ASM, and turboflators.
What would be the best skimmer for this setup?
Thank you.

But soooooooooooo true! That's what i love about him....even if he does think my ev-120 is a turd!:lol:

hmm, what kind of boost do you think i'd get going from my (skimmerwhiperer modded) octopus 110 to a 160 extreme on a 72 gal bowfont? will I be glad to have spent the cash? You've got me kinda interested.

the msx octo extreme 160 has literally 3 times the skimming power as the octo nw-110.

let me explain it like this:
...imagine if you will the msx 160 grabbing the octo 110 by the throat
and kicking it below the belt....
then, from the ground, coughing, the octo 110 holds up it's puny plumbing arm to deflect the final blow,
but to no avail...it fails, then lays defeated in pieces.......:razz:

the msx octo extreme 160 has literally 3 times the skimming power as the octo nw-110.

then, from the ground, coughing, the octo 110 holds up it's puny plumbing arm to deflect the final blow,

You really that bored? Don't you have a closet full of skimmers to mod or something? :lol:
I gotta say I love how that fight scene played out in my head.

:lol::lol:Bwahahahaha!:lol::lol:

Guess I need to go find three hundred bucks.

Hey Mark, can you mod that one for me too?

Back