Where has all the particpation gone???

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Hey Peppie, my son Rich has been a mentor the last 4 years including this year on the Interlake High School Robotics team in Bellevue. Out of the last two years they have went to nationals/world championships in St. Louis. This is his last year with the team since they he is moving out here next summer.

That is great! Some of the team have the mentors do all the work, and some of the teams have the students do all the work. It is obvious who is who when you get to the competition

You can't expect to wield supreme power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!

They were good times.

On a completely different note, I stopped by a new store in Davenport Ia, across the water from my old home town a few months ago when I was back there. It was really impressive! I had a reef tank way back when I was living at home in IL and Chicago was the closest place for quality coral and equipment. We have it really good in the Seattle area with some quality stores and often take it for granted. ( you can read into this: Please support your local store! ) Anyway, this store in Davenport was almost on the same level as our stores here. SPS was almost unheard of when I lived there, and they're carrying some impressive coral now at really good prices from sources like ORA. I hope they can find the clientele to support their bold move.

You used to live near Davenport? I used to live in Bettendorf IA. Worked in Rock Island at tv4. Previous to that I lived in Cedar Rapids and worked at KHAK Radio.

You used to live near Davenport? I used to live in Bettendorf IA. Worked in Rock Island at tv4. Previous to that I lived in Cedar Rapids and worked at KHAK Radio.

Yep. I went to college at Hamilton Tech a long time ago in Davenport. (I think I've spent too much time in "higher learning". I need to grow up already.) I lived on the Illinois side, but I guarantee that if I ever end up back close to home, I'll be in Iowa. Illinois is on the same trajectory as California when it comes to a lot of issues.

The new shop actually opened up in Bettendorf, but there's probably two people on the forum that know where Bettendorf IA is. (you and me?) There's another shop in Davenport that has been around since about 97 that is reasonable. They carry good equipment and have two nice displays/sales tanks. Their shop is very clean and healthy. But, their coral is more typical of the midwest. It can't be easy to bring in the really flashy coral to a place like that. You have to cater to what people are willing to buy.

WOW,
This thread is near 4000 views!!!!
Dont see those kind of numbers very often.

I am thinking the Pig Roast will be a good time to pay up............ IF we get the 500 mark.

seems liie things have picked up in other places too. don't know if this thread had anything to do with it, but i'll thank you again for starting it anyway. :)

by the way, show of hands... who thought they'd ever see the words 'email some pig' ?

WOW,
This thread is near 4000 views!!!!
Dont see those kind of numbers very often.

I am thinking the Pig Roast will be a good time to pay up............ IF we get the 500 mark.

Is that a PSAS thing or something by the way?

Back