who has a softy/LPS dominant tank? looking for ideas

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I really enjoyed the visit too. You should see the corals when I haven't been moving stuff around, they fully fill the little tank. Will deliver your large RBTA next week

Well, I am definitely all in at this point. Here's a few pics of the "new" tank. Now it's time to let her grow in and fill the gaps then just fine tune. I love this part.

I'll post a few more in my build thread if anyone is interested. And for those that like to trade....if you see it and think it is big enough to trade I will be happy to trade with you just let me know. That is the part of the hobby I like the most.

Thanks for all the help, encouragement and trades/freebies. You guys are the best!

Yeah another mixed reefer

Hey Reed,

The tanks looking good. I to would like to get some local trades going though have some nice pieces from Kevin down in Shorline. I am in the "Pioneer Trails" dev just east of Silver Lake (SE Everett) and finally got my modified 75 System II project up and running over the holidays. I have a few extra pieces as well as room for some new. I'll post a few pics of it now and will be working on posting the Project itself soon.

Todd

yes flow is the key for LPS ....for dust removal

if your tank is 80 gallon ...

you need a lot of flow from the front and left and right side

use two wavemakers in front and two koralia in left and right

if needs them healthy....

Hey,

Your 375g build is pretty awsome, are you still filling it in? I just finished my little 75g project and have a nice pineapple sized piece of open lr with a large colony of Erythropodium aka Encrusting Gorgonian ( pg 188 in J Sprungs "Corals" plus a few Pink Pompom Xenias on it, a small 1lb lr with Xenia & Fluorescent Green Briarium 2x2 the bright green is a plant kind of candycane like can't remember its name, small colony of Giant Anthelia. I live just east of Silver Lake and would love to see your reef set up, you can't get to much info /ideas in this hobby 25+ yrs and still learning. We are almost empty-nesters so getting closer to my big tank build 300-400g.

Todd

Back