~~10/21/06 Frag Swap at Salsa Factory~~

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

books from skimmerwhiperer

I am interested in the invertabrate book. are you interested in a trade?
or is anyone wanting the Fish book to go in on them with me?
Lorrie

hey, you guys probably know of the expensive showpiece I have that I am trying to sell or trade. shall I bring it? is anyone interested in seeing it in person? Lots of Ricordia on it and neone green leather.
I really could use some RAM, or good lights for a 24" tank. maybe something with a MH in it.

Attachments

• showRock.JPG
    showRock.JPG
    61.5 KB
Last edited:
Equipment if anyone is interested. I can bring it to the swap today. Am interested in Green slimmer, Bali stags, mont. cap,

WMD30RLXT - $100 obo (older but works excellent)
WMD40RLT (SOLD) - $120 obo (excellent condition)
ETSS 600 Skimmer - 2 year old version $540 new ($325 or best offer) needs a gate valve and has not been cleaned but excellent condition
Coralife 2x 96w PC w/internal fans (goldish colored hood) in great condition with 2 month old bulbs - Best offer
Lifereef LF-75 complete Berlin system with 2 little giant pumps, manifold, sump, Lifereef VS-24 skimmer, fittings - new $800 - excellent pumps and great set-up for a 100 gallon or smaller tank. asking $400 and last sold on ebay for $430
Lunar wrasse - best offer or frag
3 x black and white striped damsels - best offer or trade
1 large 3 inch damsel or some type of black with a couple little white spots - best offer or trade
1 large hermit - bad boy who loves to eat anything!!!! trade for frag
30 lbs. clean, red sea rock - left out of my big tank due to lack of space. $3/lb.
metallic green star rock - will trade for a Green slimer or Bali stag
2 of these - PFO pendant types hood 250w - 4 month Marinedepot Ushio bulb + PC on internal ballasts. (These are the good ones in the powder coated black hoods that have a spider reflector in them and include ballast) They are about 1.5 years old and in excellent condition. The glass needs to be cleaned
$300 for each or $550 for both. This is the hood, bulbs, ballasts, wiring and were bought at marine depot also. OBO
2 reflectors - shinny but not as big as spiders - trade for frag
Lifereef Ca reactor w/cylinder, and quick disconnect hose fittings - negotiable (excellent condition) $500

I think that is it for now. Sorry for such a late post but I didn't think I could make it. Prefer cash on the equipment and will consider frags on smaller items. give me a call if you want me to bring any of this equipment

Brian 253-370-6820

Last edited:
I think I would like to check these out. I haven't been buying any books for the past several years - Would you sell for $30 for both? Reef secrets is $26 new

I have these books to sell or trade. I did a little research into pricing...please let me know if prices seem off mark.
$20
The successful reef aquarium--HB--Daniel Knop

$20
Reef secrets--HB
Nilson & fossa

...concerning sixlines eating bristleworms

I read in this forum and on the Dr. Smith site.... I hope it is true.

I have had both a sixline and lots of bristleworms in the same tank for over 5 continuous years.
Sixlines removing bristleworms are probably even less reliable than emerald crabs eradicating bubble algae.

However, sixlines are still neat fish ...

More photos of the items available above. Also a Kent filtration unit. It may be 50 gpd. I am not sure as I have never used it however the filters are new.

Last edited:
To everybody that helped in putting the swap meet on, to our kind host Eric and his amazing systems, and to all the fine members with all the cool stuff being sold and traded, well done!!! Everybody seemed to be having a great time! Looking forward to the next meet:lol:

I had a great time and truly appreciate the fun people attending. Great shop Eric, I hope we can sell your salsa in our store! Any guy that can house that array of aquariums on the business budget is A OK with me! :lol:

Colleen was very generous and gave me an extra frag...thanks!!

Vicki, I hope you enjoy the GBTA. I was a little sad to get home and see that empty spot, but I know it is going to a great home and I am sure I'll will have more splits soon. Please post pics when it opens up! :) My maroons are mad as hell and tending another egg mass...life is tough on the reef. NOT.

To the person who wanted the xenia, and the person who wanted the halameda, I couldn't find you and I am sorry! I did try but I have a horrible memory and didn't write down who wanted what. My mistake and I will do better next time. I still have lots so if you still want them, please feel free to contact me.

just wanted to say thank you to all the people that i made trades with. all the corals look great. can't wait for the next swap.

Thank you, PSAS staff and the host, Eric and his team, for amazing time. My pleasure to meet each of you. Great experience for me.
Thank you all.

Good job everyone!. Thank you Eric and paul. I know you guys put alot of time into this. Had a good time. Nice swapping going on and selling. OH thank you colleen

PS the place to be was outside. Got some stuff 1/2 off. There was $20 fish tanks, $10 nano tanks it was crazzy.LOL.

Awesome Meeting, someone asked for more!

Good job everyone!.

PS the place to be was outside. Got some stuff 1/2 off. There was $20 fish tanks, $10 nano tanks it was crazzy.LOL.

I was hanging out in the parking lot today. I met some cool people in the parking lot today. I am hoping to hear more about a 300 gallon tank someone just bought. It was a pleasure meeting you Brian.
I got a brand new 50 gallon breeder tank, A commercial Ozone unit, a RO/DI unit, a 10 gallon Sea Clear tank with lights and filter , A really cool sump, Some really cool lights,Penductors! I got some really cool corals. Next time I think I will bring my trailer to haul stuff home. Wife is going to freak when she sees all the stuff I got. Seriously, Thank you Guys! I heard 60-70 people at this meeting. All I can say is thanks to everyone for making this such a awesome time again. I hope you and your corals all made it home healthy! Someone said we should do this more often. Someone also asked if we could do this with equipment Swap. Well, the equipment that I saw brought in tonight were really good deals. Things really do happen when a lot of people get together!

Paul, Eric, Alice, Mark, Randy, Colleen, Josh, Shauna, PSAS club members Thanks for putting on a awesome meeting!:)

Two thumbs up. Fantastic - I really enjoyed myself at that one. I'm really glad I was able to meet a lot more people this time and put faces to names. Good luck all with the frags! Hopefully you have as much luck and enjoy them as much as I do.

We had:
  • Feeding frenzies around the chips and salsa - good stuff
  • Frag frenzies around the tanks
  • Free samples of Coral Frenzy

Overall a really good frenzy of a time! :) :) :)

Also, if anyone happened to spot $56 laying on the ground and was kind enough to pick it up and hold it for me, I'd be very greatful for a safe return and would be willing to give you some freebee frags.

We had an awesome time there! Thanks for the frags Randy, and take care of the clowns some of you got today :)

Best,
Ilham

There was some $$ laying on the floor in the kitchen area and thought it was Dang's - I didn't count it but may have been about that amount... You'll have to ask him.

Also, if anyone happened to spot $56 laying on the ground and was kind enough to pick it up and hold it for me, I'd be very greatful for a safe return and would be willing to give you some freebee frags.

Back