1000 Gallon

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

If you need the hands id be more then willing to help. just let me know when and where and ill be there..... wow i think i just rymed.....

tossed in the towel

Well, I called for a confirmation number as the tank was to be shipped piggy-back on a truck that left Thursday (yesterday) and headed for Seattle to arrive Sunday night. It would then be delivered Monday afternoon to my work.

Mitch was again "out-sick."

The bookkeeper however was kind enough to help me out. She said that she was looking at the tank as we spoke. She said it hadn't shipped yesterday, it wasn't shipping today, and it wouldn't ship tomorrow, or even Monday for that matter.

I hung up and called the bank, disputed the charges and got my money back. I also filled a complaint with the BBB.

Bow valley has 45 days to respond to the dispute. If in the mean time they decide to actually ship the tank, I can call and cancel the dispute. He gets his money, I get my tank. If he ships it, and its damaged or anything less than what I was expecting I keep my money due to the fact the dispute has already been filed. My cut-off date to file is while I'm on vacation, so I needed this to be handled before I left. I have a feeling I'll get my tank eventually as he sure wont want to keep it, but this way he is forced to play my way.

Brett,

Good for you. IMO, I would look elsewhere. Unfortunately, I don't know any good custom glass builders; acrylic yes, but glass no.

Kirk

im sorry to hear that they are that bad. it isnt that hard to ship something i know i do it for a retail store.... keep us posted

UNREAL :mad::mad::mad::mad:. I tryed calling you tonight and now I know why your not answering. You must be out for a drink or on your way to Canada :eek:.
Love the Avatar

Just make sure to really look it over before they unload it. If you let them take it off the truck it will be hard to reject it at that point... or at least hold out on the signature until you're sure it is all good and what you were waiting all this time for... Hope it all works out..

Bow Valley same as Interamerican ?

Nate and I talked to a 'Mitch' at Interamerican pet supply in Calgary when we were looking for our 269 gallow bow-front several months back. After talking to some fellow-reefers and aquarium shop owners we were advised against using them. Were told if we did to be sure to get everything in writing because of a bad reputation for not only missed delivery times, but also grossly mis-quoted delivery fees and inaccurate tank measurements.

After doing a bit of digging on the web I found Calgary yellow page and business listing sites that listed the same phone number for both Interamerican Pet Supply and Bow Valley Aquariums (403-272-4960). Anybody know if they have always manufactured aquariums under two different company names? How long has Bow Valley Aquarium been around? :confused:

It just sounds to me like the guy cheese has slid off his cracker ..I hate ti defend the guy but we dont know the hole story up there eay.But dont get me wrong this behavior is b.s. to do to someone .But he could be going thru a split or a move something either way i bet the tank shows with none home and gets a call and still gets money back l.o.l.

Well..... I'm currently on vacation but I recieved a call from the shipper anyways. The tank was shipped two days ago and will be here Monday for sure. This confirmation was made by the shipping company, not the shipper. I guess its for real guys.

Anyone free Monday afternoon???

Woohoo it's going to happen! I have followed this thread for a while and am glad it sounds like we actually will see the tank (pictures, right?):D

It would probably be later in the after noon that i would be avalible but ye jsut let me know.

What time will this be arriving? I get home from work around 6pm. I can help after I take care of what needs to be done at home. LMK

Sarang

Back