1000 Gallon

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Ok everyone its fish tank eve.

Im going to take some pics right now. Ill take some more tomorrow after the tank arrives...

I used gorilla glue and stuck down 3/4" 5ply plywood followed by 3/4 sty foam.
DSC_1089.jpg

fork lift extensions custom built. OSHA says forklift extensions may only DOUBLE the lenght of forks. So we are legal.

DSC_1091.jpg

and to make things more home like I put a large sofa out there and added casters so when not in use it can be rolled away under the work bench
DSC_1092.jpg

DSC_1093.jpg

and a full stand shot. see the tiny dog, he's about the size of a fully grown puffer fish. (gives an idea of size comparison)
DSC_1088.jpg

Hey Brett, good news, can't wait to see your tank. Have you thought about any kind of protective coating on the metal stand? The minor surface rust now is just cosmetic of course, but once exposed to the rigors of the salt environment I would think over time you will see some serious corrosion, you can buy the line-x type material and apply it yourself if you are interested, hammerite paint might even be better than nothing, good luck with your project, best regards, Joe

:lol::lol:LOL your dog looks frightened. Looking good so what time is the tank arriving?

Not sure yet. Ill be getting a call in the A.M.

Hey Brett, good news, can't wait to see your tank. Have you thought about any kind of protective coating on the metal stand? The minor surface rust now is just cosmetic of course, but once exposed to the rigors of the salt environment I would think over time you will see some serious corrosion, you can buy the line-x type material and apply it yourself if you are interested, hammerite paint might even be better than nothing, good luck with your project, best regards, Joe

Thanks Joe. I was kinda thinking line-x could be cool too. I bought some rustolem paint but dont have the strenght to get it outside to paint it myself. I wonder if the DIY stuff can be applied with a brush?

I seem to remember that it can be applied with one of those 2 or 3 inch wide rollers, but I'm really not sure, I know it is real thick and there is a working time of some sort after you add the catalyst, could I be any more vague???

Brett...

Why did you use that dog as an example...come on man...use the other one. :)

Ha ha. If I put duke up there it would be funny. Maybe I'll try. I just don't wanna get bit. LOL

I seem to remember that it can be applied with one of those 2 or 3 inch wide rollers, but I'm really not sure, I know it is real thick and there is a working time of some sort after you add the catalyst, could I be any more vague???

I'll look into it today joe. A paint roller wouldn't be to bad. Then I could do it in the garage. I hope the fumes aren't too bad. I wonder what kinda drying time.

Yikes! Just got off the phone with the shipping co. STUCK IN CUSTOMS! I said I HAVE to have this tank by 6pm so we will see....

That sucks having your stuff stuck at customs. Well all I can say is that in all likely hood you will not see it today. I see this happen all the time at work and majority of the time it won't clear until the following day or later depending on the shippers info they've attatched to the freight. Do you know what freight company is delivering it?

and there it is....

Just got a call from the shipping company that it has indeed passed through customs. However I will NOT be recieveing the tank today. Tomorrow at best. Its a very good thing I took today off from work as an UNPAID day.

cool little dog, sad company, they should go of their way to help you or reimburse you some real change for their crappy service. JMO!

yeah I dont know what to say anymore. everything about this deal down to every last detail has been a mess.

If I could do it all over again I would have never done it at all..

I just read a thread about them on the Louisiana Local Forum, he just got his tank in, sapphire glass had bubbles across it & they drilled the holes in the wrong place & wrong sizes, also it was suppose to be rimless but had a 4 1/2" rim. LOL bad bad service IMO, at least the owner offered him a refund.

Back