1000 Gallon

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Bingme,

For me it was a no brainer, we decided that all the equipment, pumps, etc. would be housed in the garage so that our kids would not be tempted in getting in them. Also, we did not want to take away any playing space for the kids in the basement. However, the safety of the kids was the primary reason why I decided to cut a hole in the wall AND why there is no front access panel.

A happy wife makes a happy home. :D:D

I will try and take some more pics this weekend. I added a blue throat male trigger, flame angel and a one spot foxface 3 wks ago. Just been busy with work and tending to sick kids (thank you allergies !!).

Kirk

I strongly urge you to knock a hole in the wall.

If this is a wall between the garage and the house, it might not be a very good idea to put a hole in that wall. Most building codes are fairly strict about necessary fire barriers between a house and an attached garage, and most insurance adjustors are always glad to find a reason to not have to pay out.
A hole like this could cause major problems with trying to sell the house later, and/or could cause major problems with a landlord.

this is one hell of a project I must say. Maybe I missed it but where did you get the tank built? Just curious. I just got my new 240g from glasscages and working with them has definatley put a bitter taste in my mouth.

treehugger,

unfortunately, you are not the first person that I have heard this from.

Hopefully, your tank was built well.

Kirk

Here come the pics...

When your stand comes delivered on a flat-bed, your in trouble. lol

DSC_0682.jpg

Just the two of use were able to move it. Weighs a few hundred pounds for sure.

DSC_0683.jpg

Placed in the garage. See the 12oz pop can?

DSC_0686.jpg

Its 2x3" 1/4" square stock. Dual sheild welded... I think. (I have no idea what dual sheilded even means)

kinda lifted, kinda slid. Wasnt quite as bad as I was expecting. I tried to lift one corner off the ground alone and wasnt able to do it. With two of us it wasnt too bad though.

Im starting to feel pretty overwhelmed with everything to be honest. The stand, tank, and sump are already paid for but I'm already burned out with all the planning thats gone into the project thus far.

Just read your thread.. Really looking forward to seeing you complete it.. If I lived closer I'd come help do the grunt work ;)

Love the stand, very nice welds..

Wow thats huge! how tall is the stand?

48" tall on that bad boy

Just read your thread.. Really looking forward to seeing you complete it.. If I lived closer I'd come help do the grunt work ;)

Love the stand, very nice welds..

Thanks. Im pretty excited with the way it turned out. Fish tanks are a whole new market for the fab guy and he's hoping this will open a few doors for him.

who is going to do all your plumbing?
you are gonna need a ton of flexible hose, bulkheads, etc.

Please tell me you are going to an automated water change system in place for this tank.? if you need some advice, let me know. I have a write-up on mine I can share with you.

the only advice I can give is take it slow, do not rush anything; you will be glad you did.

Kirk

Im going to be going all the plumbing myself. All the bulkeheads are already installed in the tank. I plan on using PVC and for most of it, and spa-flex just in the areas where the pumps hook up. To minimize vibration. As for WC's Im just going to dump waste water right down the driveway into the alley. LOL

Back