1000 Gallon

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Hey Everyone. Thanks for all the help and the kind words. I would have got on here sooner but I came down with the flu and its really thrown me for a loop.

There were some problems with the tank. I had ordered it to be built with black silicone. They used clear.

Two of the three baffles for the sump were broken

There are two chips in the tank

The trim was broken and falling off on one corner.

It was agreed that he would plumb the overflow and he didnt.

Now that thats out of the way....

Its much bigger than I pictured. Im excited to water test it and move forward!.

Hey Brett looks great! I am glad I came and helped. That thing is a beast man! 9 guys and we still couldn't have picked it up if we tried! Good thing we got lucky and it slid right on the stand!
Sorry I didn't stay longer than I did, I didn't want my kids to get me in trouble over there.

Let me know about the skimmer!

Matt

Thanks for coming man!

Congrats "B". I know thats a load off your shoulders. Good to see reefers come together and help out also to see some old and new faces. Can't wait. Thats going to be a unreal setup.
See after all you been thru I tryed to stay positive for ya and look so far so good.
PS MaMa cooked up some mean RIBS :D :D. Thanks Roach :razz:.

Yeah, it was almost to the point where you coulda prescribed me PROZAC!

Congrats man! Looks like a Nice tank even thgough you had troubles with the dude.

Thanks Tyler

Looks great man! That's a monster! :eek: I'd need some serious medication if I ever attempted to try and aquascape something that big! :lol: Good luck with setting it all up! :)

Thanks Krish. The good thing is the rock will be minimal to free up swimming room for the shark

UNREAL!!! I hope you have one mean cleaning crew beause I would not want to have to scrape that glass!

How about a scuba suit? LOL

Brett,

Tank looks great..Hopefully it was worth the wait.

I wish I could have been there, but I had a 3-hr root canal yesterday. Obviously, you had more fun yesterday than I did.
:D

Kirk

No worries Kirk. You have offered plenty of helpful advice along the way!

10 plus guys to slide a tank, WOW what a monster!
Nice to see you have so many friends.
Hope you have more fun with the tank than the anticipation:lol:

Thanks Mike, you'll have to come out once shes up and going and take a swim...

wowee is that ever huge! It looks great though--I hope it meets with your approval, build-quality-wise??

So far, Im not overly impressed. Some of the cuts in the glass seem wavy, but its too soon to tell. As long as it holds water I'll be more than pleased.

Wow that thing is GINORMOUS!!!!! Looking good.

Thanks buddy

wow lets hope nobody skipped on the footing from the house to the gerage floor ???
looks good figure out the water flo set up yet, keep us posted ..i bet u didnt sleep worth the darn last night huh ......

Slept like a baby knowing its been handled. Good observation, I had to move the step. its going back in though.

WOW is all I have to say :lol: It was cool meeting you and putting some faces to screen names. The tank is O.K. but the ribs were out of sight! Need anymore help let me know and I will find someone for you. :lol: Later

Yeah man, good to meet ya, thanks for helping out. Well have to have a beer again sometime.

I think I would have slept in the tank!

I think it sleeps four. LOL

That really looks like that will be amazing with water in it.
I am really happy that it did finally arrive.
So now that it is on the stand,,, how is it?

That stand looks perfect.

Thanks Finn. I cant wait to put water in it. One the stand it looks like a pretty complete package.

First of all congrats on finally getting your tank it is truly amazing the size of that beast!

Second of all NICE Ram with the flatbed is that a Cab and Chasis?

But now I have a ? (I do not know this is why I ask not putting down or anything I simply do not know the answer) On the stand you have bracing on the legs in one direction are you at all worried about tortional bending in the event of an earthquake that goes from side to side I would think that being the only points of strength are the welds and the extensive height of the legs it could bend or snap easily under a hard movment and cause a collapse?

The builder had the plans reviewed by a structural engineer. Any incidents after that will be covered my insurance. LOL Hopefully never a need for it.

Brett, what moron wears a dress shirt to help move a 1000 gal tank?:) Your tank is SWWEEETTT!!

PS. It is a cab and chasis made specifically to be the same height as Brett's stand (we got lucky, except the guy who got cracked in the nose by the suction cup...OUCH!)

Man you were a life saver! That truck was MADE for moving that tank!

Yea it was funs times. Now we need to get all the reefers in the area to make water to give to Brett, we have enough water to fill the tank and sump by July 4th.......

Tap water for the win! Thanks for all the help Mike!

LOL I think he'd be better off renting a tanker truck and filling it from the Seattle Aquarium!!!

I better make sure its never hauled diesel. LOL. Thanks for coming out man!

Tank looks awesome! Glad everything is
starting to work out!:)

Thanks Jayson. Finally I can move on. Still a long road ahead but hopefully a less stressful one!

Flu and large tanks.

Boy Brett been following this and what a mess I am glad it finally showed up sorry to hear about all of this I too have been wanting reserching a glass tank in this large size.10' long 36" wide 24" deep Is there anyone in the Seattle-Portland-Boise area's that can build these or we just limited to Bow Valley,Glass cages?

Hey Everyone. Thanks for all the help and the kind words. I would have got on here sooner but I came down with the flu and its really thrown me for a loop.

There were some problems with the tank. I had ordered it to be built with black silicone. They used clear.

Two of the three baffles for the sump were broken

There are two chips in the tank

The trim was broken and falling off on one corner.

It was agreed that he would plumb the overflow and he didnt.

Now that thats out of the way....

Its much bigger than I pictured. Im excited to water test it and move forward!.

. Finally I can move on. Still a long road ahead but hopefully a less stressful one!

Brett, your tank is really impressive! Sorry we're not close so we could help. I'm looking forward to seeing the plumbing progress -- can you please hurry? :p We're getting ready to plumb our in-wall 269 gallon tank. It's amazing to us in eastern Washington that you can keep a tank in garage - we envy your temperate climate over there!

In response to the above post about tank suppliers I figure I'd provide the following to hopefully help steer business towards deserving suppliers. Don't mean to sidetrack the thread, just want to make sure people know there are other companies out there that are coming through with quality product and service on glass tanks. (We'll get a tank build thread started one of these days...)

Last month we got a great euro-braced and cleated 269 gallon (8-foot) glass tank with starphire front from Concept Aquariums. The company is in Alberta, Canada, but I feel they have really earned their good reputation for customer service and quality work. They asked all the right questions, instead of us having to bring up what we were looking for like we did when we talked to other canadian companies.

http://www.conceptaquarium.com

The tank was packed practically bomb-proof on a pallet with styro, heavy cardboard on all edges, plastic wrap, and completely enclosed in a sturdy wood enclosure. It arrived in town on the day we asked to have it delivered.

The only hiccup was when we took the wood crating off and realized we had rolled the tank into the room backwards - there were plenty of 'glass' and 'this side up' and 'do not step' stickers, but no 'THIS IS THE FRONT!' - which explains Nate's long face in the photo. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I just got a look at my bank statement. Rather than resolving the issue with the bank by submitting a signed copy of the delivery receipt proving I received the tank, Mitch at Bow Valley just re-ran the card. BEFORE he even shipped the tank.

He would have been credited the amount had he offered proof to the bank that the tank had been delivered.

I think there is something illegal about that... you cannot just rerun the card when you are being disputed by the customer thats like fraud I would contact the bank and discuss this further with them especially since the tank has issues. Just my opinion.

yeah, I think I may give them a call tomorrow... I was actually quite shocked to see it.

well based on what I have read on here with your situation and others I am not at all surprised but have owned my own business I know that there is pletny a customer can do to make my life a living hell although my situation was different this guy actually deserves the abuse...

Wait did i read something about the tank haveing issues? Please tell me after all of this im reading that wrong or missing something.

bumping a tired thread!

Today I drilled the plywood, installed all the bulkheads, leveled the tank and stand and water tested it. I am not going to bother spending the money to plumb it yet based on the hole history behind the constuction of this tank. Bottom line is I don't wanna by a bunch of elbows and ball valves just to find the tank does not hold water, or will only hold water a short time.

:lol: Oh, and I forgot to mention I went for a swim....

DSC_0154.jpg

DSC_0156.jpg

DSC_0157.jpg

DSC_0158.jpg

DSC_0159-1.jpg

DSC_0160.jpg

DSC_0162.jpg

DSC_0165.jpg

THUMBS UP!!!!

DSC_0166.jpg

Well if you change your mind about a shark tank, a little plumbing a big pump and a heater and you have your self a jacuzzi.

Cool pictures, not to many people can say they went swimming in their fish tank!

Thats awsome man glad to hear that its holding water and you lol. Your about the size of waht two or so big sharkies. wait are you gonna swim with them too? lol

Back