180 gallon dual octogon AGA

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Here's some new additions. There are a few monti digis and an unknown monti, birdsnest, hydnophora, nice single polyp lobo, and some other SPS. There are a few ORA (hawkins, frogskin, and something I forget), but have very little color to them right now.

DSCN4428.jpg

DSCN4427.jpg

DSCN4425.jpg

DSCN4426.jpg

DSCN4424.jpg

DSCN4423.jpg

DSCN4422.jpg

More new stuff. I found a really cool store in Portland while I was on vacation, and picked up a few things to bring home! I got a nice australomussa colony, a green milli mini colony (bad pic, it's much more colorful in person), a big hydnophora (also not the greatest pic, turns really neon green with the actinics on it), a pink pocillopora (forgot to take a pic!:badgrin:) and a multicolor cynarina.

DSCN4777.jpg

DSCN4778.jpg

DSCN4779.jpg

DSCN4781.jpg

OK it's not an australomussa. The shop owner musta not known what it was, and I thought it kinda resembled one minus the branches. I didn't pay too much for it though, and it's still very cool.

nice tank! so what is the new fish with the horizonal blue lines and a yellow tail? If you get over to Seattle area you got to make it in to Barrier Reef trust me you will not be disappointed. It is like Aquatic Dreams of Seattle. What stores did you make it to in OR? I may have to stop in and see on my next trip.

nice tank! so what is the new fish with the horizonal blue lines and a yellow tail? If you get over to Seattle area you got to make it in to Barrier Reef trust me you will not be disappointed. It is like Aquatic Dreams of Seattle. What stores did you make it to in OR? I may have to stop in and see on my next trip.

I believe you are talking about the purple tang. When I was in portland, I happened to stumble across a place called saltwater fanta-seas. They are amazing!

I hope that ring is saltwater safe! Don't want it rusting on your finger :lol: Tank is looking good man as always! :)

:jaw: Okay, that one piece is awesome! When you frag, and I actually have some money, I would love it. That is so cool. How did you get everything back here? Drive? Cooler? I also would love a pocci frag sometime.

"Okay, that one piece is awesome! When you frag, and I actually have some money, I would love it. That is so cool. How did you get everything back here? Drive? Cooler? I also would love a pocci frag sometime."

The place I went has great customer service, and they gave me a free styro box and heat packs. They boxed it all up, and I just had to drive it home and open it! I got a cool pink pocillopora while I was there too. You are welcome to grab a purple pocillopora frag for free whenever you want, and then if you have cash or something to trade sometime, you are welcome to some more stuff!:)
Of course you could always stop by just to look too!:biggrin1:

Last edited:
Sounds like a great plan! =) Thank you so much. I am trying to grow my acans out, and I will be able to trade some soon I believe. I have a lot of really neat colors. I moved them all into the Biocube. They like a lot of nutrients and my 180 sucks a lot of them out with that skimmer I have. I have also been target feeding them about 3-4 times per week. I have a lot of new babies coming in.

Every week I see the same post, "Newset additions..." You will soon need another two tanks :lol:. Very nice man!! Love the clam!! :D

Every week I see the same post, "Newset additions..." You will soon need another two tanks :lol:. Very nice man!! Love the clam!! :D

You may be right. I never have enough, there is always something else I want. I still have quite a bit of room for now, But I can't seem to go more than 6 months to a year before another upgrade is needed.

I hope I can buy a house someday soon, and build a huge reef in my wall that will fit everything I want. Although, I might be starting over smaller soon. My lease expires in a couple months, and it will be very difficult to move, so I was thinking of keeping frags of my favorite stuff and getting a nicer (but smaller) tank at the new house. If that happens, I will be having a huge coral blowout sale to pay for the new tank and clear up space. Might even look into RF sponsorship if that happens, so I can advertise and sell on a larger scale.

Last edited:
Looking good Ben! That clam looks awesome! Still have the Duncan frag for you when ever you want it!

I finally got rid of the waterfall, and got some recent full tank shots too!

DSCN4869.jpg

See if you can find the purple tang!

DSCN4866.jpg

DSCN4862.jpg

Back