180 gallon dual octogon AGA

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Guess I decided to make that side just for softys until I get some better lighting. Keep in mind that just this side of the tank is 3'x3', so these are some pretty good size leathers. just got most of them 2 days ago, and they havn't even opened completely yet, the new kenya tree looks like it will tower over the other one I already had when it fully opens!

There is a couple large GSP covered rocks back there too that are just now starting to fully open. I finally got them all situated, so maybe I can get better pics tomorrow when I havn't been messing with them.

Last edited:
Still on the path to recovery. Looking at my fish, inverts, LPS and zoas you would never know anything happened. The SPS is another story though. Several of them ar still completely bleached, some of them are starting to color up a little already, and I lost a green monti digi and a green pocillopora to RTN. They were both just frags, so I'm not incredibly heartbroken, even though it really sucks to lose even the smallest things.

Here's a picture of my new Red Planet colony. Looks a little bleached, but will do good over time (it was only a couple inches away from a MH light before I got it)

with flash

DSCN4116.jpg

no flash

DSCN4115.jpg

And a funny picture of my Bubble Gum Monster chalice with a smiley face and hair!:lol:

DSCN4118.jpg

Got that BGM earlier this year at 1" just starting to form it's fourth eye, and now it is over 2" with at least 18+ eyes! I love it! Want to get some more high end chalices.:D

Wow! That is a huge red planet colony! Absolutely beautiful. I love the Bubblegum monster chalice picture. Very funny.

Here's a picture of my new Red Planet colony. Looks a little bleached, but will do good over time (it was only a couple inches away from a MH light before I got it)

with flash

DSCN4116.jpg

no flash

DSCN4115.jpg

And a funny picture of my Bubble Gum Monster chalice with a smiley face and hair!:lol:

DSCN4118.jpg

I am very thankful for getting a great deal on that colony. Getting some more new stuff in a few days when I get paid.

Here's a couple new pics. I got a 250 MH setup now with Hamilton 14k bulbs, and a few new corals.:)

DSCN4145.jpg

DSCN4140.jpg

Last edited:
what a cool pic. can't stop looking at the face love to see again when the tank clears

The tank wasn't really cloudy, it was just that I took the picture with a crappy camera. Also, I took the picture through the side of the glass and the coral was on the other end of the tank 3 feet away. My brother just got a cannoon T2i with a nice macro lense, so I will get some better pictures in the next few days.

Nice!! I see you are still moving along nicely with your one of a kind never been seen before setup! :p

It is pretty unique, and has definately came along nicely! I still havn't done anything with the overflows from the taller side into the shallow side, but that will get figured out soon enough. I don't mind having a little waterfall. The splashing and salt buildup hasn't really been an issue, but it evaporates at least a couple gallons per day and needs topped off frequently.

Got my brother to bring over his new camera. Here's just a few pics, will post more over the next few days.

IMG_0110.jpg

IMG_0100.jpg

IMG_0095.jpg

IMG_0059.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

Here's some more. I hope I'm not slowing anybody down with all these pictures. With all the recent upgrades and new corals, I have been going photohappy!:D

IMG_0099.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

Yea, that's because I have gotten some very nice pieces from you! Don't they all look great?!:D
Getting really good growth and color out of the montis and the cyphastrea. My Miami hurricane never really started to grow, and has been going downhill lately. I moved him around a bit hoping he will come back around. Part of it receded to the point where it only has one eye now.:(

Back