1guydude 300g

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Prob just pressure wash it. Idk. See how it goes.
Stand didn't turn out great but Im thinking it'll have to work. Into the house soon it will go!
I'm gonna have to take a picture of the big mound of rock lol. I've got a bunch of rock to scape this tank with. Gotta do the other tank after I get the coral glued down in the tank I just did.
D

Hi,
With regards to your statement "Maybe beneficial to use black pvc to keep watever light out"

No light will make it thru any Pipe. Also keep the pipe Ø as big as you can for as long as you can for the simple fact that over time calcification buildup will restrict the flow and it's always easier to have a reducer at the either end than to have the whole length of pipe clogged up. And a closed loop (this is just my opinion having run both at the same time including using a Manifold return) is not as random as power heads nor as Economical when you consider the long term cost of your electricity bill. But if your gonna do a closed loop with a powerful pump consider running pipe inside the tank down to near the bottom or putting flow there to keep the detritus in suspension to be better removed by your sump sock/protein skimmer. Also You don't need allot of rock as history has said we do scientists have measured the bacteria levels and determined that after a cycle is started there ALLOT in the plumbing pipes themselves and more is not necessarily better, However it looks better to most people to have a large wall instead of a few Columns and a Thin long shelf all well adhered together to provide shelter and different light intensity's.

Paul L

I don't know what didn't turn out right on the stand, but I have a random orbital sander if you'd like to borrow it. Makes starting over not so bad... i mean, if it needs all that...

Hey paul. Fwiw. I'll have 4 outputs on the closed loop. Two on the middle of the tank and two at the ends.
Also I'll b running powerheads that I currently use.
Cpl large tune softballs and some jaebos probably for the random.
I've got some sponge but most of my bacteria is ther and established, ya. Hopefully mojo can advise me on some putty or something so I can make some pretty rock for my coral.

@Spiez. I just don't like that the paint didn't adhere or stick as well as I would have liked to the steel. Thank u but I have a sander 2 and if I decide to I'll sand on it and try another paint maybe. :/

Deck has been soaking my time sry. Idk if I mention that. Tonight I was able to try and kill more aptasia and glued the coral down in the new rockwork tank.
D

Cool. When you are building a tank, especially a larger one, non reef related items kill budgets... You going to skin the stand eventually anyway?

I'm using a fluval sp6 for my closed loop. External. I love it. Super quiet and doesn't run hot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Mr D
You are on a roll lol
When you ready to move the tank let me know, my schedule is a bit better, now i have Sundays off
Keep u the good work

Sry spiezak. Ya I'm gonna skin it with wood and do an enclosure for the lights. I'd like something fancy with molding or coloums. Lol.

It's rolling right along seedless. Just a cpl Lil things like brace the floor and figure out how to even get the stand in the house and in place. :0
-d

Month and a half or so out on the new tank. :)

Gonna get some free fish today. Hopefully. Wish me luck. Guy at works daughter has sw fish and his house is closing... sounds like a yellow tang. We will c.
Edit* nvr had a yellow tang!
D

Last edited:
Doing my wcs! Yay! Lol
Can u sense the sarcasim?

Added the computer fans from my Coldwater tank to my tropicals to help with the heat we have been having.
D

Back