1guydudes tanks

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

O man. The 24" skimmer did fall from my kitchen counter. Cup was in pieces... Lifereef does do great work. Maybe a Cal reactor down the road.
Good questions.
Idk. Lol
I suppose if the water volume in the skimmer out weighs the sump water. When I 1st got the skimmer...I traded a cpl acan frags for it. Anyways. I tried to run it internally and the water in the body would just rise and fall and rise and fall. Even with no adjustment. So I hiked it up and above the sump. Seems to work.
Think I should throw the tile on the floor and try it?

Coldwater tank was a fail. The 1/4" thick acrylic bowed and the drain/strainer was half way down the tank where the bow was the worst. I guess a design flaw on my part. The bulkhead was bound to leak and leak.
D

Last edited:
I think you should get some plush, plush carpeting and sit on the floor when you mess with your skimmers. Just an idea.

This is wat my fish eat when I don't win 2 months worth of rods from barrier :)

You should check the NF to make sure there is no tripolyphosphate used in the seafood mix.
These are usually packed in China and their squid is usually soaked in chemicals.

If these are packed in Peru or Ecuador, you should be safe.

I'm in the industry and pretty familiar with Aquastar brand.

Ya it does have that. It is from china. I've fed it before.
This time I even rinsed it with tap in the sink and strainer.
D

have you seen any negative effect form the food?
I battled crazy HA before so I am little more cautious on things I put in my tank these days.......

its hard to tell. I dont think so. The Rods food i fed for the last cpl months was left out on the counter but ehhh. It was original, pacific plankton, and eggs.

Ive never had a bad HA problem or battle but have had my run ins. Currently a lil bit of byropsis and cyano in one tank. But like i said, its hard to tell if its from the food or not. IMO cyano, HA, byrposis is floating around in all our water coloums just dosent sprout up or spike in high levels or amounts.

I think my red macro algae and skimmers are striping it all out of the water. The bio pellets make the water extra gunky right before the water get foam fractionized in the skimmers. I havent done a wc in prob 2-3 months now.

Last problem i had was Red flat worms froms somewhere i kno lol.
After i beat them, it was diatom, dynoflagellates, than the dreaded HA all along the back wall of the marineland 120g. Like i said, i didnt fight it just rode it out and did some WCs, tried to balance it out and let it be.
HTHs back to work i go.
-d

That's good to hear.
But be careful with the tripoly.
It's used for mositure retention and whatever the water used at the factory is in the flesh of seafood.
Then this weter will stay on the seafood unless you boil the product!

Thxs for the heads up. Good to kno.
Still haven't hooked the monster skimmer up. Figure I'll make the sump area all nice and try and section off the LR down there when I do it all.
D

Skimmers broken in. How's that for a foam head? Lol
This is the foam production I'm getting with the jaebo 1200gph old school pump. Can't wait 2 see it with a dc jaebo 8000 or 10000 model.
I swear not enough time in the day. Have a good one everyone!
D

Never enough time in the day, until theres too much time un the day...
Looking good...

Well I'm currently propagating plates and rock nems. I see my 1st colorful baby rock nem... on the side of an acan. Lol o jessh.
:)
D

The wall of water in in the middle of a major shake-up... The 75 moved, and a 180 is taking its place. I'll get to updating the thread at some point, been busy with the upgrade. :)

Back