1guydudes tanks

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

That a pectinia coral D? I saw OBD had a one (or two) Thought about grabbing one but heard they didn't do well in most tanks...

Yup pectinia. I got into em awhile ago with a fellow hobbyist. Tried a small one. Died. I waited and got this one from the same hobbyist. Lol. Got it at BM. This is yeyars later.
This one seems to be doing well and splitting eyes.
So this is my 2nd or 3rd one. Prob last one hopefully.

Imo some coral and fish are expert level and others prob shouldn't b kept at all.
This coral will help me determine that for me ...but it's tank grown.
D

Well not that exciting for u guys. Lol
I'm excited. Got a cpl pumps yesterday. Barracuda ( thought it was a hammerhead) and a jaebo dct 8000 for the Lifereef skimmer. So from 1200gph to 2100gph :)
The big external pump Is for the upgrade.
D

Last edited:
It is a gold. But a 2013 (maybe) model.
I dropped it off @mike obd on the way back.
He's gonna re seal it and see if we can swap the impellers to make it the hammerhead... Wat do u mean wats it for? Lol .The upgrade eventually lol. Closed loop. 5000+gph
D

Sry no pic of it mfinn. It's a baldor motor. It was smooth round no fins or teeth all the way around it.
D

well the time i have spent and put into this hobby is starting to come around. Luv getting rid of stuuf i dont use anymore in the garage. Trading for a pair of all black clownfish... hmm we will c.

last night i Killed (hopefully) bunch of aptasias. Gonna get a filefish from obd. Not the pretty ones but still should get the job done...also got the new jaebo dct pump on the skimmer and pulled the tunzes from the tanks for a deep clean.
Today if i find time id like to suck detrituis out and thin the red macro algae if any1 wants any. Also going round 2 with purple cloves. If I don't rid myself of em this time. I'll dry the rock out.
-d

Last edited:
Ya he is! Lol. Thxs.
Lil guy eats like a pig.
Reef safe with caution. Lol
They will eat things that can be beneficial to the Reef tank!
E.g. pods, crabs, shrimp ect.
D

Really hard to get pix of these two. Got em I'm a fb trade and they r so kool. Reminds me of my naked clown I had for awhile. One has a white mouth and one orange.
Had a string of rtn and stn go through my tanks. :(
Idk. I think low alk but testing tomorrow hopefully.
D

That's a jaebo ur looking at. I took my tunze softballs out for a cleaning. I need to get Em back in
D

I'll admit it. I thought I was coral worthy. I'm not. Really thinking about putting the big tank on hold. I wanna keep coral alive!
Gonna go low sps and get gadgets for the two tanks. Doser on one and watch my alk.
D

Back