1guydudes tanks

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

good question. lol
Yes prob.
Thanks for calling me on it. Hopefully i can get my alk cal and mag tests done tonight or tomorrow.

i killed a bunch of aptasia with pickling lime which prob didnt help my parameters.
-d

I have an old ACII that I'm not using D. It doesn't connect to the net, and you have to program it with the buttons on the controller, but it would let you maybe get some two part dosing automated, help get things a little more stable?

K I'm just gonna get filefish and harlequin shrimp.
Can I get just one shrimp?

Can I test my cal.alk and mag before lights on? Or give it an hr and let ph come up a lil?!
-d

K I'm just gonna get filefish and harlequin shrimp.
Can I get just one shrimp?

Can I test my cal.alk and mag before lights on? Or give it an hr and let ph come up a lil?!
-d

I always just got one harlequin shrimp at a time. I figured one would take care of all the asterinas eventually. With 2 I would have to start chopping star fish legs sooner that I wanted to.

I usually do my testing early in the morning before my lights came on.
The only test that would be affected by lights or no lights would be a ph test.

Seedless in Seattle, has one Harlequin shrimp and he just bought two more chocolate chip starfish to feed the shrimp because his other cc starfish is out of legs. They are growing back but too slow to keep the shrimp fed.

Hey Mr D
Hello Mr Earl
Yep a have a cool harlequim shrimp, he took care of my mini stars problem, now i have to buy more chocolate star fish to keep him alive, im telling you guys
What a cool creature to watch

How long till no starfish r left? Figure I can add back sea serpents, Formia species, and sand sifter stars if they disappear. I guess they eat all starfish? Idk we will c.

Good luck to you. I know Carlos (seatlessinseattle) had to add more chocolate chips to his sump to keep his harlequin happy.

Thank u! I'm just worried about my predator fish like lion and squirrelfish getting em.
I really need to do the upgrade. Lol
Currently I just need to get the steel.
Get floor braced.

New additions for the weekend.
Aptasia eating filefish
Harlequin shrimp (2)
Halloween tuxedo urchin
Gbta
Plate coral (2)

I tink that's it. I'm really digging my midnight Clowns!
D

ehhh i dont think hes gonna make acclimation :/ Saw another one just like it at the south hill mall petco the other night.

Lil update here
New OBD lighting
new jaebo doser pump

Im gonna make a softy tank and a stony coral tank till i can combine em like ive been talking about.
-d

That's too bad. I am really happy with my choice. I dipped both corals, Coral Rx and Flatworm Exit and they are both doing well. I like both of them, plus they were free. Free is always good.

Devin, I got a neon green hammer coral and a green with blue dots in the middle goniopora. I first put the goniopora up high, but it didn't like it up so close to the lights, so I put him on the sand and he opened right up and seems to love it there. Most of the polyps are green with blue centers but some of the polyps are blue. Beautiful corals for sure.

Did my tests today on easter.
OBD tank kh 7 Cal 300-350 mag 1200
120g marineland kh 6.5 Cal 400 mag 1000 :/
Mag a bit.low on both and I'll try and get the Cal up a lil...
Wcs soon yay!!!! Lol
Tanks will appreciate it.
D

Back