210 In Wall

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Duane - this is quite the build! Lookin good so far. Have you already listed what your plans are on livestock? I may have missed it...

Duane - this is quite the build! Lookin good so far. Have you already listed what your plans are on livestock? I may have missed it...
Hmmm. Good question. Ive been pondering my fish options for some time now.
I currently have:
pink spot watchman goby
single red fire fish
melanarus wrasse
pair of moron clowns
desjardini sailfin tang
hippo tang, and a
long nose hawk fish

As you can see from the list, Its a fairly aggressive tank so my choises are limited. I was going to add two, maybe three fish but I lost a diadema pseudocromis during the tear down so I may add four depending on the size of my selections. I'm not really set on anything at this point

mandarin fish
blenny of some sort
possibly another pseudochromis
copperband butterfly
sohal tang
blue jaw trigger

Id like an angel but really dont like the risk of coral nipping. For every fish listed, I can come up with as many reasons not to get it as I can for adding it to the keeper list.

or you can be like me and have 240g with a couple of cardinals, a pair of clowns and a blenny...please share your secret on keeping fish alive cuz I certainly can't...acans on the other hand....lol

With that size of tank, you could do a couple of schools or at least pairs of small reef fish. When i grow up in to the 100+ gallon club, I will be getting a pair of pearly jaws and a small school of chalks. I think a big reef with lots of little fish looks awsome. Makes the tank look so much more alive, if you know what i mean. I dont know much about the melenarus wrasse but if it would allow one or two leopard wrasses, i would completely recommend it. they have turned into my favorite fish and are one of the best community reef fish. jmo

A harem would surely be a nice touch! I wonder what my wife would say :lol:

Sheesh! Let me get home from picking up my son already! :p

Here you go.
bighole008.jpg

bighole010.jpg

If you never seen his 120 in person then you will be in for a treat on this 210 once its all said and done.

Thanks guys. I think I have a couple of ideas to aquascape a stock tank into something really cool. I'll just have to remind myself to take my time with certain things.

Hey Duane... Tanks a lot for the 120 and acan frag, and sorry for the horrible pun. Couldn't help myself. The 210 looks great, and I can't wati to see it finished.

Really horrible pun ey? Must have missed that one..
ps...surfbuddy...thanks for the pink seed :)

Last edited:
Its been four days since my last post and Ive been working hard. I feel like its paid off but my pics really dont do the aquascaping any justice.
Saturday morning waiting for everyone to show up.
newtank003.jpg

Installation party: I ended up with twice as many people as expected but it was exciting and Im glad there were fellow reefers here to share the moment.
newtank008.jpg

After everyone left I ignored everything and went to work. This is the tank as of today.
newtank010.jpg

newtank016.jpg

newtank022.jpg

newtank023.jpg

newtank026.jpg

Back