210 shark/reef tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Well as of this moment here is whats in the tank so far.

1 blue hippo tang
1 false percula
1 true percula
1 green mandarin
1 powder blue grouper
1 niger trigger
1 eingineer goby
1 clown goby

I got my camera to work (the memory card was full so thats why it wouldn't take any pictures DUHH)

I will try and post some ASAP.

The tank looks great but i think i need to add another heater to the mix. it was holding steadily at 74-75 but now its starting to dip into 73 so i need to take care of that. I will keep you guys posted as things progress!

yeah i bet thats everybodies dream. I'm so glad this thing is in a basement and not on a higher level. it really helps to keep the temp more stable in the tank.

I really think it looks great though. especially now that there are a couple more fish in there it looks less empty. i'm hoping that by Halloween i will have it completely stocked.

I promise i will post pics of my tank and if i can figure out how to download correctly i will try and post a link to a vid of the tank. So you guys can see everything all for yourselves.

Hey, hows your new tank doing?

Going well Nick...Thanks!:) I will have my new bulb this week and a few other bits and pieces for the tank so I will update some pics later on in the week. If you haven't seen it yet, I made some moonlights for my tank which I posted some pics of on my tanks thread as well:)

Yeah i did see the moonlights they look real good. Hey i have been meaning to ask you everytime i see sour sump it always lit. Now do you have a light in there or do you just light it up from your halides? Because i know you have a bare bottom tank.

Last edited:
LOL...I have a 12 inch flourescent mini light fixture up in my canopy. Th only time I use it is for taking pictures or working on the sump. When it's off, you can't see in there really good:)

Well Nick took a while but I finally made it, I wanted to spend time looking over everything, so I waited until I got to work today:D

I need some information I'm hoping you can help with, your sump has a hole in it for the external pump, can you measure the distance from the bottom & back edges to the center roughly so I can get an idea how I'll drill my 58G sump when it come in this Thursday. I see you have it on a block of wood, I was thinking of setting it on a 1/2" block to Styrofoam being I have a ton of it from the crating of my tank. LOL! One more question, if you need to service your pump you'll need to break that union off the sump, but you don't have a valve there to block the water from the sump, I guess you could plug the BH & do it, just wondering what is your plan when it come time to clean the pump housing? How is that Dart for circulation, it isn't pressure rated so I'm guessing it dropped flow rate a good bit but I know you don't need much going through the sump anyways. One more question, your sump design looks neat, anything you'd change? Thanks, hope not too many questions for ya!
BTW!
I had to save the best for last, it is looking very nice, lots of work but it is looking great.

Scooterman thanks for the compliments. Well let me get started here.

First i wanna start off by saying that i did not design my tank, my LFS (Matt) did. So if you really want to get in depth you could PM him. hes on here and goes under the name mm949 he will probably be able to give you more info on how everything is setup.

1. I will have to measure it and get back to you or like i said try mm949.

2. I think a block of wood might work better verses foam. I also used a shim to make sure that pump was not hanging at all.

3. When the time comes to service the pump i will just cap the bulk head. that should hold off long enough to service it.

4. Circulation with this pump is great. almost too much. It keeps blowing all my sand around and leaving emptyspots in my tank. I'm still trying to set all my nozzles correctly so that i don't have sand blowing around but its a little tricky. Also this is a veeeerrrrrryyyyy quiet pump at least i think its quiet.

5. With the sump i really love it as is but if i were to change anything i would make the fuge shorter so i have more room for the skimmer and filter bags. I mean as of right now there is still a lot of room in my sump to play around which is more than most people can say about their sumps but that is all i would change. Oh, there is one other thing that i would change. The height of my sump. its a little too tall. if it was shorter i would be a little bit easier to clean/work in.

Other than that i love everything about my tank and i'm glad that i let mm949 design it because he knows his s***! I would highly recommend getting with him about your tank he has a ton of great ideas.

Okay here are some pics unfortunately i don't have any vids or pics of the new fish but i will soon.

the first one is all that is left of my 90 in my room its kinda sad looking.

Thank you, Thank you

i need to get a better digital camera. the one i have now is good but if i try to zoom in it gets all pixelated and looks crappy. I mean its like three to four years old now so technology has come a long way in the past couple of years for digital cameras.

Looks great Nick!!! I think I would love a big tank like that so I could have big colorful fish!! One of these...:)

Back