210 shark/reef tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

you know i totally forgot that you got some big fishes :p , to bad you can't add a clown trigger fish, that'd be a kewl fish to have in there.

I'm really sorry about your flood dood :( .

did the powder blue kill the hippo??? i have heard they are very nasty to other tangs.....i have two hippos that i want to keep in my 125g... they are both about 1 1/2"- 2"....i plan on adding them at the same time.. i guess i will have to wait and see how they get along

Well For starters my PBT and BT are both still alive and get along fine in my tank. They will open their fins everynow and then and act all macho like but no fighting. As for your situation i don't know about keeping two blue tangs in a tank. They may be fine while they are young but as they get older you might run into a problem. You could try it and see what happens and if they fight you will just have to remove one of them. It is true or at least i've heard that its true about PBT being real mean but mine seems to be rather nice. But there is a lot of swimming room in my tank and lots of hiding spots. I don't know what is going to happen as i add more fish. If your thinking about doing one i say do it but wait till your BTs are settled for about a month and see how they get along. If they are cool then i say add the fish. But like i told you before i do not do things by the book and sometimes it doesn't work out but i am always willing to take the risk with the possability of an awesome outcome!

i am not adding a PBT... i am just keeping the two hippo's... i think that is what you were thinking????

Okay, i thought you wante to add a PBT. My bad.. Go ahead and try the 2 Blues and see how they do. I still think that as they get older is when you will have to worry about them but then again you are setting up a pretty big tank so i'm not sure. Worse case scenario you have to remove one of the tangs.

thats what i am thinking... hopefully it will be enough room for them not to be crazy... by the time they are bigger, i will probably have a 240g :):):)

Sounds cool man. Since you are only doing like 5 fish you should be fine. I thought there were going to be alot more fish in the tank.

the tangs will probably get large, so i will only keep 2-3 other fish that won't get big... i may end up w/ only the tangs... i don't know yet

softies only, most likely....i have been looking into some new corals, but i don't know for sure... for now, i will just keep leathers and such

i have some yellow polyps that were in my display, until they started multiplying like crazy... i took them out and put them in another tank...i actually have been neglecting this tank.. it has some mushrooms and my clowns in it also... i stopped doing water changes and topping off the water... the salinity was like 1.030...there is no telling what the nitrates were. i can't believe everything lived....i have since cleaned up the tank and added plants...the plants ate up the nitrates and i have been keeping it sparkling clean.. the yellow polyps have quit multiplying in this tank

i have two hippos that i want to keep in my 125g... they are both about 1 1/2"- 2"....i plan on adding them at the same time.. i guess i will have to wait and see how they get along
Ron I have two Hippo tangs in my tank. The first one was added when it was less than 2" the second was added when they were both around 3-4" They are both around 6" now and I have seen no aggression between them.

Brenden said:
Ron I have two Hippo tangs in my tank. The first one was added when it was less than 2" the second was added when they were both around 3-4" They are both around 6" now and I have seen no aggression between them.

BAM! There you go Ron its all good to go man all signs are green!

UPDATE UPDATE!!!

I now have another tang in the 210!!

its a Blonde Naso, he is about 5"-6" long and about a 1" wide! He eats great and swims all over the tank. There was a little bit of a fight between him and the powder blue the first day but they are cool now. I will try and get some pics of him but he is camera shy.

Just wanted to keep you guys updated.

Back