40 gallon sps (in progress)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Sand is good!

Nothing is more cooler than sipping coffie in the morning watching your lights come on then seeing your sand move in a big lumpy motion as a school of leopard wrasses emerges from slumbering all Night ;)
On a small scale I get a kick out of watching My pistol shrimps constatly churning up sand because their Gobie keeps knocking in in their dens :p
I swear I have about 6 diffrent little sand storms forming in my tanks thru out the day. Yes Krish sand is good ;)
But hey I like bare bottoms too:badgrin:

LOL!! Sand is cool:cool: You just have to go with what works best for you. Sand, however, would never work in a tank of mine with the flow I usually run:shock:

dood bolun your clowns are tiny!!! haha that sucks that they have t be in the breeder net for awhile,ima gunna get picsof my tank soon too!!

ooh yea and i made a DIY vaccum...its out of 2" pvc with a 2.5" adaptor on one end and an end cap on the other. then i drilled a 1/2" hole in the end cap and glued a 1/2" OD 3/8" ID tube in it and i have a very powerful vaccum. =) the pvc is 1' long and with the adaptor, its about 1'3"

cost like 3$

yup they are pretty small but they are already pigs. i once fed a piece of dry food that was like the size of one's head and it still tried to eat it. =/ it eventually gave up but what an effort..LOL

sweet - now have you tested it? Also - I know very little about these things, but have heard the pumps can get clogged up with Kalc. One solution (again - I've only heard, not seen) is to tip the pump at an angle so that extra Kalk can fall out after it's done stirring. Just somethign to look into - again, probably don't want to change the construction based on my advice, but something to look into.

Here's wishing you the best of luck w/ that thing and hope you never overdose. (if you havne't already, talk to Dang what an overdose can do)

B

hahah yea the pump is at an angle b/c it didnt match up too good. XD

oh yea, i plan to manually top off, meaning i plug it in to feed the display when i feel the need to TO. and i will not use an ATO yet. better safe.

and the alk was low. I think I would let the calcium fall naturally and boost the alk with some alk boosting product and then use the kalk reactor to maintain levels. Kalk is not good for boosting but maintaining it's great.

Back