40 gallon sps (in progress)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Looks good so far B!

I just got my 40B set up too, so I'm in the same boat as you.

The tank is cycling right now, I have 45LBS of LR in it and 40LBS LS (going to add more later)

I'm gonna be stealing ideas from you btw...

cool cool man! i lOVe this tank,....the 18" of depth with only 3' of length is awespome for aquascaping...plus it adds more of a feeling of 3-d rather than a flat painting ...heheh

that sounds awesome 45# LR with 40# LS is good...i only have like 15# LS and 50# LR but the more sand i have, the more problems....sand doesnt like me too much...lol

so what are you thinking of running in there?

I've been narrowing the list down, and I think i've just about got it:
I'm going for the 1" of fish to Gallon rule and I'm WAY under par.

1 Sixline Wrasse
1 Fridmani Pseudo
1 Orange Spot Goby
1 Lawnmower Blenny
1 Ocellaris Clown
3 Bangaii Cardinals

And a MASSIVE clean up crew.

As far as Corals go, I want a Variety. I'm going Zoos, Xenia, a few SPS (acro), Sun Polyps, etc.
I'm trying to figure out what I can work with in terms of Flow being too much/not enough, but I think I have enough variety at different locations in the tank to support a good range of needed flows...

Whats next on Yours??

"1 Sixline Wrasse
1 Fridmani Pseudo
1 Orange Spot Goby
1 Lawnmower Blenny
1 Ocellaris Clown
3 Bangaii Cardinals"

Im sorry bro but theres just no way. 3 or 4 fish is about all id recomend for a tank that size. I mean its possible to keep them all, but your nitrates will be so high you wont have any coral left. You would need a massive skimmer and sump to keep up with that fish load and keep pristine water to grow sps.

Back