A 750g SPS system is born

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

OK, I now feel fullfilled to the max. I just had my first thread stolen and derailed all in one shot. This is so cool LOL................

The height thing is not really as big of an issue for "new age" air stone skimmers as the pumps used to drive them are both powerful and efficient.

IMO, there is nothing that really touches the numbers of the new age airstone skimmer except for maybe the bubble king so I think that would be a good competition although like mentioned before, the BK pumps would probably poop out after a certain head of pressure was acheived while the air pump with air stones would keep churning out fine bubbles for a while thereafter.

Peace,
John H.

Alberto just concider it a quick infomercal and now we will return it to your regular scheduled thread.

sorry bud

Mike

mojoreef said:
Alberto just concider it a quick infomercal and now we will return it to your regular scheduled thread.

sorry bud

Mike
what he said :)

so Alberto, since you got your thread back, how about some update ? :D

Heinz said:
what he said :)

so Alberto, since you got your thread back, how about some update ? :D

I ahve nothing to update. I have not done a thing different to the tank, other than passing the magnet yesterday, since I posted about the skimmer. :lol: :lol: Give me 3-4 weeks before I have anything to say or show :lol: :p :lol:

Alberto,
Great thread. I have a question about the amount of natural light that your tank gets. Do you know how much light you are getting from the kitchen side of the tank? My tank is in the kitchen and it gets about 2-3 hrs. of good natural light a day, which I think is very beneficial.

My wife was considering anesthesia, but she opted for the other side of the table instead.

Chris

olaggie01 said:
My wife was considering anesthesia, but she opted for the other side of the table instead.

Chris

Chris:

What's in the other side of the table? She decided to be a permanent patient??? :badgrin: :badgrin:

As far as the light, I really don't know and I would venture to say that not a heck of a lot. I do get some ambeint lighting fromt he foyer side that is more considerable in the spring and fall than during the summer.

UPDATE ON EQUIPMENT

I finally connected an aquacontroller for alarming sake. After comming home and finding the chiller disconnected for some unknown reason and the temp at 87 degrees, I decided that I seriously needed something to not only alarm, but also something that would do a couple of things. PA had a power buy, so I got the AC2. Had a lot of problems getting it to work thefirst couple of days coupled witht he fact that it was turning my neighbor's lights on and off all day and night. Come to find out my neighbors had some X-10 remote controlled lighting and they had the same address as my lights, so they kep coming on and off. Turns out that it was a good opportunity to find out that all the houses in our community are basicly connected via the cable and alarm system. Go figure!!!!!!

After a lot fo trials and tribulations, I got the controller to work fine and also got the graphics in aquanotes to work also. I have a very old lap top connected to it exclusively to just track parameters and such. It is working fine so far.

I also got the alarm module to go off inside the house if something is wrong. That way my wife can alert me when I am not home. That works very well.

I am hoping to order the air pump and the air stones to start the skimmer installation after i come back from MACNA. I gather that it will take me about a week to get it done at the pace I move and with the time I have left these days.

UPDATE ON LIVESTOCK

Fish are doing very well. They are all fat and happy. I have added now 3 different female mandarin gobies trying to pair up the male I have only to have each of them croak on me. All other fish are doing incredibly well including the regal angel.

As far as corals go, I had to turn off my Ca reactor for a while. Turns out my alk had been going up slowly and when I lost a few pieces and frags that had been doing very very well I tested it. It was 15!!! Some pieces just bleached and I hoping they will come back, but others just RTN'ed completely. I was pretty upset as some were very nice pieces that were hard to come by and had been doing so well over time. We'll see.

Hope to see some of you at MACNA!!!!!!!

Alberto, my wife was interested in anesthesia, but she said that she felt that she would always wonder what it would be like to be doing the surgeries instead. She started her first year of ob/gyn in May.

Sounds like good updates to the equip and the livestock. Did you ever figure out what happened to the chiller?

Are your lights controlled by the AC? If so, you can have them shut off if the temp gets to high for some reason. This is in addition to sounding the alarm.

If you get that pc connected to a cable modem or similar, it can actually send an email on an alarm condition too.

Steve:

Yes, if temp gets too high, the lights, close loop pumps, and skimmer pump shut off ikn addition to the alarm. I seriously doubt I would ever connect this to a phone line. The computer does have a modem, but it is not something I will ever use.

dgasmd said:
I am hoping to order the air pump and the air stones to start the skimmer installation after i come back from MACNA. I gather that it will take me about a week to get it done at the pace I move and with the time I have left these days.

Hurry up man, I am working with GEO on a skimmer for my 600gal and I am debating on a needle wheel or an air stone :)

Shawn

I ahve been pretty busy with work and othr things lately and ahve not had the time to set it up yet. I am ordering tomorrow the air stones and the air pump. Maybe in a week or two I will get the time to put it together. I am guessing 3-4 hours to do the entire thing.

how could you be busy. you just put them out and then stand there right :p LOL i'm SURE there is WAY more involved. prolly could be a fun job...you could see some sweet surgeries!!

could i have had you do my surgery for some frags :D LOL

Lunchbucket

Lunchbucket said:
could i have had you do my surgery for some frags :D LOL

Lunchbucket

Let's just say that you would need a small pick up truck to carry the frags :badgrin: :badgrin:

I am seriously trying to get the skimmer done this weekend. I have everything I think I need here now. Although I really want add a flowmeter to the vent and t the supply side of the air pump to see how much am I really putting out.

Back