Acrylic Supplier in King County?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Ichthys

Greetings Reefies
I am looking for a place to buy some acrylic, or get scrap acrylic for a few projects. I want to make a bubble tower and an overflow box, a fish trap, stuff like that. Need small pieces of both black acrylic and clear, I guess around 1/4 inch? Anyone know of a good local source for this?

Thanks

Ichy

Tapp plastics in lynnwood. I think there is one in south Seattle too.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

Kel Tech Plastics in Tacoma on Pine street just off 38th.
Great place, has a scrape area and is sold by the pound.

The one in Tacoma is "Keltech Plastics" They have a scrap bin. and sell all sizes and thicknesses for $2.50 per pound.

I heard that CFI will sell you some "short pieces" and not charge you an arm and a leg like the others listed. You know it is cell cast unlike what tap tries to pawn off on you.

I think they even have a page where you can ask and possibly even get the exact size you want. Just my $0.02.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk 2

Went to Calsak, cant find the store front, seems like they are close or something, weird.
Then went to interplastic, they also have a scrap bin with huge sizes too, but my oh my, they are charging so much for the pound.

End up going to Tap Plastic in Redmond. Open on Sat, and very helpful people.
Also have a scrap bin by a bit small sizes. Maybe 12x12 is the biggest you can find.
But cheap by the pound. Cant remember but i believe its 1.50 per pound.

Where is CFI and is this true that they you can ask for much bigger sizes for scrap price?

There is no such thing as scrap, we use pieces that are very small all the time. If anyone would like acrylic cut to size, feel free to PM me and I'll give you a price. If I can pull your pieces from my "shorts" they will be very affordable. If you want larger sizes, I can do that too, just more closer to market value. Everything we use is grade A top of the line cell cast acrylic, and polycarb. We are in South Seattle. Jason

Back