Answer And Ask

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Didn't buy anything, but got some beautiful Red Sea Xenia, some bright orange zoanthids and a light aqua candy cane frag :) Thanks Mark and Nicole!

What was the best score on the Portland fieldtrip for those that went?

Dang Jiddy that is not a easy one to answer. Kills it, removal of nutrients it uses. Eats it depends on what kind of cyano it is. Julian Sprungs Algae a problem solvers guide goes into detail on this. Lyngbya is eaten by Diadema
Phormidium is eaten by Clibanarius tricolor (hermit crab)
Oscillatoria is eaten by Clibanarius tricolor, strombus alatus, turban snails, some blennies, Ctenochaetus tangs. I think it is called the cole tang.
Here is my question what do you think of my crazy eyed communist avatar?

Looks like a crazy eyed communist avatar!!

What is going to be the next purchase for your tank?

Refractometer an excellent purchase!!!

Scralet legs are cool, I kinda like em. Only crabs I would want in a reef though, except for acro crabs.

How often do you look at your tank at night with a flashlight?

I have moonlights, but cant see anythin with them, lol.

How important is it to have your SW batch in the garage under circulation?

Important to me to get ph correct, temp is correct and make sure salt is dissolved all the way.

What is the wierdest thing you have seen in your tank?

Well since its just me here, ill have to say i bought this LR for the coralline at my LFS, and it has a little spiky red "sponge-like" thing growin on it, size of a pencil eraser

Same question....

Jiddy the red spikey thing sounds like it might be a red foraminiferan. The weirdest thing in my tank would have to be just a couple of peanut worms.

Jiddy - on your cyano question, since your tank is brand new - it will go away with time....and once you get your skimmer on, that will help a bunch too.

How often do you feed your fish?

None! Blech (unless it is a sugared, creamed, and caramelized up treat) :p

Same Q

1 big cup with tons of milk and sugar... there's nothing like coffee for me.:D
what type of bulb would you prefer...hamilton, 175w 14k blue or ushio 175w 10k ?

Back