Answer And Ask

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

the only time i eat like a pig is at breakfast time, so yeah last night i made some delicious cinnamon buns and today i had 2 uhh ha ha :badgrin: ohh and with some nice latte and honey, bring on the calories !! :badgrin: :lol:

same question

Gaberella, do you have to do that to me? I want 2 buns to go with a Latte.

Boy Ken...You got a lot of requests! What I'll do is get a big shipping container, fill it up with the snails, fish, rocks whatever it was you wanted me to get you, ship it to Gabby and she could throw some things in there too, and start a whole chain, so when the container finally gets to you in Washington, you'd be set for life! I'll even throw in a slot machine or 2 for your wife!(LOL)

New question...If my house keeper eats up everything in the refridgerator, takes half of everything home, hangs up clothes instead of drying them in the dryer when we told her to put them in the dryer, vacuums the floor with a dust buster instead of the real vacuum and leaves to go home before 2 o'clock, should I send her butt home!?

Krish, you have to ask??? Home, send her packing.

Who runs a Phosban reactor, and did you see an improvement in water quality?

I run one. I can't say I saw any difference because I had a hair algae problem from not using ro/di water before I got it. However, since I've started over and also used it in a freshwater setup, seems to be worth it...Especially for the price. My friend uses one on my discus tank and said it made a noticeable difference for him.

same question

O.k Ken...It's been a few hours now and nobody else seems to want to answer your question...Was it that bad?(LOL) I think the picture below describes what your so called "friends" here think of you and your question (see...I was the only one who replied) :D

HEY !! sorry if i couldn't answer the question before but my son has been a little bit naggy.:(
no dood i don't run a Phosban reactor, i dont even know what they are or what they look like :(, i guess that's my next question eh what are those and how do they help or not help?

Don't listen to her Ken...She's trying to cover up because she feels bad now(LOL...JK)

Here is where I got my phosban from Gabby and what it does is remove phosphates from your tank which we all know can fuel nuicance algae. Very in-expensive and worth the money. The media only has to be changed every 3 months and doesn't leach back into the water once exhausted. It a must...So bake some treats for your hubby so he'll get you one!
http://www.acropora.net/pbr_combo.htm

New question...Sports car, luxury car or SUV?

None, I like a nice Pick up with extended cab to fit my golf clubs in when its raining...Errr...I mean my kids and there car seats.

What is common sense, and where do you get it?

I think Karma is something that was thought up by boring people who wanted everyone else to be just as boring. Besides, I don't think anyone who keeps fish can honestly believe it's true. I guess my answer is no, lol.

Phosphate reactors are still questionable as to their real usefulness. Yes, they do remove phosphates; but to levels low enough to prevent algae? No they don't. In fact they only remove one type of phosphates. Very incomplete removal.

Same question.

Clayton

The only Karma I've ever heard about is Karma Sutra...The art of making love (Atleast I think that's what it is(LOL)) If that's what you are talking about then heck yeah(LOL)

They say common sense is only what is common to you. So if that is the case then we all have common sense...Unless you are from Spanish Wells here in the Bahamas. It's a small little island attached to an island that cousins marry one another and have children that never go to school, but fish for a living. If you came to the Bahamas, all you would hear is Spanish Wells jokes and I actually have a few friends from there who thinks they are funny! Go figure!

This is a good one and is actually a Bahamian word and a word everyone from the bahamas uses...Does anyone know what a bungy is? (pronounced boon-gee)

The only kind of "bungy" (or bungee) I know of is jumping, which is popular for some unknown reason.

Ken, yeah I've used them; both in freshwater and salt. I never really found they made a big difference though. That isn't to say they don't work at all, I just think they're the new hot item that's overblown. I've noticed that most people who look into them (I'm not saying you) already have algae problems, and are likely doing other things to limit its growth. Things like cutting back on feeding, vacuuming detritus, more frequent water changes, etc. These are what really help control algae outbreaks. First limit the phosphates and other nutrients, and then remove them in the only thorough way we know of; which is water changes, skimming and vacuuming. When all of these are combined you'll usually see a decrease in algae growth, and that's when some people credit the phosphate reactors for doing it. Most media use Iron Oxide Hydroxide to bind the molecules. In doing so it can have some rather disastrous effects if not done correctly. Using too much for your current phosphate levels can cause a sudden and severe drop which can do damage to your corals (which also rely on phosphates to survive). Dropping the level quickly can also cause your alkalinity and pH to drop. For these reasons it's best to use a small amount of media in the beginning. When using one it's important to constantly check your phosphate levels to make sure you don't drop too far. This can be tricky since test kits only test for inorganic phosphates, not the organic kind. All in all my experience hasn't been anything to write home about, but they do work if you do it right; especially if you're not doing everything else right. Here's a good article on Iron Oxide Hydroxide worth reading. http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2004-11/rhf/index.php

Same weird bungy question.

Clayton

LOL...Clay, it's not pronounced like bungee jumping. It's boon-gee (the "gee" is the same way you would pronounce the "gee" in the word geek) So say boon-geek, but leave off the k.

hmm let's see, no i do'nt believe in karma, yes i do believe in kamasutra LOL!!! .
i checked the Phosbane reactors (or whatever you call them) and i don't think i can install that in my tank or at least i wouldn't know how to :p . and after what Clay said hmm i think i'd pass.
about the cars, hmm just don't laugh at me :p but the only car that i have always liked is the old bug, like hurby (woltsvagen), my husband always laugh when i say that i want one :p .
Now, Krish what !!! how can cousins get married !!! that is so grose yuck !! ohh well
hmm about the word hmm, does it mean geek in a bungee jump lol !! ... i have no clue dood, tell us what it means

so the same bungy question

Back