Answer And Ask

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I prefer being barefoot, but nothing beats a nice expensive pair of heels :D....and some good running shoes.

Same Q

naww, we talk about everything Detri, from food, driving lessons, tanks, anything that comes to your mind even football :D
My preferred footwear are my tennis shoes

I prefer being barefoot, but nothing beats a nice expensive pair of heels ....and some good running shoes.

in that case Nikki, you deserve respect for that because i mean i have tried wearing high hills but trust me, its not good Nikki, it's not good !!
the only good thing about them is that i look tall :p and feel powerful lol !!
other than that i rather spend the money on some nice expensive tenis shoes

what's the most money you have spent on a shoe?

Krish, 2000-2010 is 11yrs (use your fingers and toes), dont laugh at people

And Gabby, 100pages is crazy, i cant wait until someone tells me, "i just got done readin the whole A&A thread, boy was it funny." lol

And the most money ive spent on shoes was $125, when i was young i had to dress to impress, well that worked so i just where my old ratty shoes that were $125 5 yrs ago, my son on the over hand has carmello anthony's that cost $40, thats pricey consider he spills his sippy cup juice on them, lol

Whose going to the superbowl?

I'm not going, but I will watch it on TV. The game won't ever seem as exciting without Janet Jackson. Now that was good football.

I don't want to start a political debate, I was just wondering if anyone is going to watch the Harriet Miers hearing next month...? A yes or no will suffice.

Clayton

LoL, not if your going to the superbowl, who is going to the superbowl, like the Minnesota Vikings, silly, lol

and Who is harriet Miers? Sounds like ill watch if its interesting enough? is she the new female president ive seen on TV?

No not going to watch it, don't know who she is.

Jiddy, remember I am the new guy. I had to read the A@A thread. It was funny. I needed to know what questions have been asked already. But don't ask me to remember what has or hasn't anymore. lol

What famous event happened the year you were born? (Nikki is exempt from this question, she may not want to reveal how young she really is.)

hmm i don't know who's Harriet Myers or at least i don't remember right now.
Jiddy, i wish i could go to the superbowl :( I LOVE FOOTBALL !! yeahhh, but i'll be watching it on tv :( now you mean the Patriots right lol vs the Seahawks (right... even i don't believe that one :D)
hmm Detri, i believe nothing famous happened the day i was born, but 2 years after we had a huge huge earthquake in Mexico City.
Now when my son was born July 28 2003 hmm, Bob Hope died, also Barry White died that year too

same question

Krish, 2000-2010 is 11yrs

Jiffy, you'll must count different in South Dakota...10 yrs is 10 years regardless if it is a "decade" you are referring to or when you decide to begin counting the years from...For eg. You were born January 1st, 2000. How old will you be January 1, 2010?

2000-2001 - 1 year
2001-2002 - 2 years
2002-2003 - 3 years
2003-2004 - 4 years
2004-2005 - 5 years
2005-2006 - 6 years
2006-2007 - 7 years
2007-2008 - 8 years
2008-2009 - 9 years
2009-2010 - 10 years old!(LOL)

No famous event happened the year I was born that I know of.

same question.

The Bears won the superbowl

If your tank room was on fire would you break the glass of the tank to extinguish the fire or, try and save your coral/fish and let the firefighters take care of it?

Well, considering the fire would likely melt the acrylic on the tank, I'd save my house. I have a fire extinguisher in the same room as the tank, as well as a smoke alarm near the tank stand. I did see a thread on RC, I think it was, where someone had a fire and the tank melted (acrylic) putting out the fire and saving the house.

Same Q....

Krish, you have to count whole years. If you mean 2000 - 2010, you need to count the year 2000 as well as 2010. Why? Because you are non-specific. It may be that you count Jan 1, 2000 - Dec. 31, 2010, or Dec. 31, 2000 - Jan 1, 2001. Common practice is to count a decade 2001 - 2010, which is 10 years by definition. Thus 2000 - 2010 is not a decade but 11 years. (qed). Reason is the nature of 0. 0 has a special status in group theory because it's not really defined. It is just defined as the neutral element and if you add or substract it to a number, the number does not change. There is therefore no year 0, either, but there is 2 BC, 1 BC and then follows 1 AD, 2 AD for the same reasons stated above.
Sorry...

Even though I think the argument is ridiculous, I call a draw on the number of years. Jiddy is right that 2000 to 2010 is in fact eleven calendar years; but Krish is right that it's ten years in sports. Settled? :)

Okay, back to the answers and questions...

I'd like to think my Cichlid, Pleco and Pangasius Cat would put the fire out by splashing ungodly amounts of water (they often do this anyway).

What's the dumbest creature in your tank? (as usual, no spouses)

Clayton

Charlyclown...I know you are right(LOL) Just trying to see if I can confuse some people(LOL)

The dumbest creature in my tank is air...It's empty until Fri-Sat when the tile man is finished.

same q

The suicidial lettuce nudibranch. So far, in the tunze twice, once thru the gutter gaurd, down the over flow, out of the filter sock, thru the baffles and trying to climb in the inlet to the skimmer pump.
That is of course if you dont count me with my hands in the tank.
Same Q.

Back