Anything about the hobby...Answer and ask

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

funny-pictures-climbing-cat-did-not.jpg

Blood shouldn't hurt anything in small amounts.
Crabs are evil!!

Can there be too few fish for coral nutrition in a reef tank?

Blood shouldn't hurt anything in small amounts.
Crabs are evil!!

Can there be too few fish for coral nutrition in a reef tank?

I do not think you could have too few fish as there are other ways to provide nutrition to your coral, and probably much with much better control than through fish poop.

Q. What physical adaptation does the Antarctic ice fish have to deal with its low temperature environment?

A: Heart size. Cool Q! I never read up on this before :)

Q: how old is boomer?

My Dive Training magazine indicated that they had neither hemoglobin nor red blood cells, which made the blood more fluid resulting in a need for less energy to pump the blood . . .

Continue with Frankie's Q: How old is Boomer?

I believe he met Noah :lol:

Q: Closed loop or powerheads?

Powerheads....CL's get clogged....more specific Vortech

Q: where can I find one of these? I have been searching for years to add one of these to my systems.
0426091249a.jpg

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Q: Closed loops or powerheads.

A: For large systems (ie, 200 gallons or larger), closed loops; for small systems, powerheads are OK with me.

Q: How many millions of krill does a whale shark eat a day? ( I saw this on PBS on was floored of the answer).

Q: where can I find one of these? I have been searching for years to add one of these to my systems.
0426091249a.jpg

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Sea world might be able to help you out. Give them a call :p

Q: How many millions of krill does a whale shark eat a day? ( I saw this on PBS on was floored of the answer).

You know I watched a program (might be the same one, but it was on Discovery) that talked about it, but can't remember even remotely what the number was, but it is insane!! You might have to tell us...Same quesion. :)

Kris,

You are correct, it was Discovery.

The answer is 13 million krill and 5 billion plankton a day. !!

Kris,

You are correct, it was Discovery.

The answer is 13 million krill and 5 billion plankton a day. !!

That's rediculous!! Just goes to show how much krill is actually out there for everyone to get a piece of the action!!

Q: Why do fish require lighting?

A: I don't believe they require anything more than light in general.

Q: What size tank does an Octopus require?

A: I don't believe they require anything more than light in general.

Wondered what the answer to this would be as I thought I read somewhere that they need light to process vitamin D or something to that effect. Who know's... more feedback on this questionl if anyone has something to add to it. :)

same question...
Q: What size tank does an Octopus require

Last edited:
Q: What size tank does an Octopus require

As large as you can get. the minimum I would go is 240g, however you need a TIGHT FITTING Canopy as they are escape artists and can live out of a tank for several hours.

Q: What vitamin is NOT found in the ocean that is essential for fish?

Krish,

You are correct. Which is why you see fish eat others feces as it contains vitamin D; also if you make you own food, you want to include the whole fish (ie, silversides, etc) as the liver contains vitamin D.

Krish,

You are correct. Which is why you see fish eat others feces as it contains vitamin D; also if you make you own food, you want to include the whole fish (ie, silversides, etc) as the liver contains vitamin D.

Learned something else new today! :)

Q: Will two coral bandit shrimps of the same sex do well in the same aquarium?

Back