Anything about the hobby...Answer and ask

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Q: Will two coral bandit shrimps of the same sex do well in the same aquarium?

How big is the tank? I think in a smaller system, you might have problems.

Q: The Georgia Aquarium is the largest aquarium in the world. How many gallons does it have??

Q: The Georgia Aquarium is the largest aquarium in the world. How many gallons does it have??

Over 8 million gallons. Now how many fish?? :lol: J/K

Q: Does fish poop provide any source of food for corals?

Yes, seems so.

Q: What is the most expensive fish or coral you ever purchased?

Kirk, not sure why, but I think your question scared people away :p

I bought one fish before...A yellow tang. Think I paid under $20 for it if I can remember correctly. :)

Q: How many outlets does your aquarium take up total?

Q: How many outlets does your aquarium take up total?
A: 11

Q: Is it bad to occasionally have sunlight shining on your aquarium?

Q: Is it bad to occasionally have sunlight shining on your aquarium?

I think its fine. You probably don’t want your tank sitting in the window in full sun. mine gets about 30 minutes a day in the summer evening time. Boy do the fish colors PoP.

Q What is the smallest fish in your tank?

Q - Why do some snails haul themselves out of the water and hang out on the lid of my overflow?

Found some algae growth maybe?

Yes, seems so.

Q: What is the most expensive fish or coral you ever purchased?

People were really reluctant to answer this one, so I feel like I should!:lol:
I spent $100 for one polyp of Red Hornet zoanthids quite a while back:eek:

Q: What is the biggest coral you have?

Last edited:
A: cause they are the prettiest...

Q: is a 5 inch sand bed too much? What is ideal?

Q: Do you like the look of coraline over your backwall?

A: I love the look of a wall covered in coraline, or even star polyps and xenia too.

Q: Have you ever experienced peppermint shrimp destroying zoas, or acans?

A: I have read several threads regarding peppermints destroying acan's

Q: regarding 5 inch sand bed....what could I get to maintain that deep of a sand bed that can live with sharks?

Q: regarding 5 inch sand bed....what could I get to maintain that deep of a sand bed that can live with sharks?

A: Horseshoe crab

Q: When you broadcast feed your corals, do you turn off your return pump to keep from loosing food to the overflows?

A: Horseshoe crab

Q: When you broadcast feed your corals, do you turn off your return pump to keep from loosing food to the overflows?

A: no....I have CC star down there eating but I do turn of korellias and put vortech on feed mode

Q: where is good place to find horseshoe crab?

Sent from my D2 using Swype and Tk

A. I've seen Horseshoe Crabs at several LFS. However, like Sand Dollars, they require WAY more sand that most of us have, in order to survive, long term. Essentially, the sand should me measured in CUBIC YARDS.

Q. While a lot of hobbyists put Condylactus anemone in their tanks, is this a good idea? Why? Why not?

A. Unfortunately for this anemone, it has been labeled as a beginners anemone. They are hardy anemones compared to host anemones and are less expensive, making them a target for beginners on a tight budget.
But like most reef type animals they require an established mature system to thrive in. I view this anemone as an advanced LRFO anemone. Most Condylactus that I see on the net die within a year from starvation and lack of environment conditions.
They are not very compatible to the reef hobby either. They move a lot. They sting and do not host fish.
This is one of those "best left in the ocean" animals imo :)

Q. What is the most reef compatible angelfish?

Back