Back to the Reef Express, Building my new System

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Robzid

After 4 and a half years away from the hobby finally last year i had the chance to get back on "the Reef Express", my wife and i bought a townhouse in Va, after living in DC in a small apt. What a great opportunity to get a tank, it was difficult for me look at homes not just picture the space based on the tank of course my wife had no idea i was thinking that but also needed to have a studio to do my work " AHH BASEMENT the possibilities well this has been a still ongoing project but i can post some development pics.

system total water volume 350 gallons of water (+ -)
main display 180 GC tank eurobrace 72x24x24
lights 3 x 400 watts 20k radium bulbs on lumenark minis
4 x 165 watts VHO's super actinics
GSA Skimmer
GSA Kalkster
GSA Calcuim reactor
Deltec fuidized madia reactor
2 propagation tanks
1 refugium (mangroves & chaeto)

the equipment description will be detailed cause it change within the year.

the basement area was declared my working area this is how it look when we got the house

IMG_4443.jpg

IMG_4731.jpg

IMG_4844.jpg

he classic puppy in tank before pic... we got Kahlua our chocolate as well
IMG_5096.jpg

the wife:)
IMG_5104.jpg

IMG_6501.jpg

DSCF1948.jpg

DSCF1952.jpg

was going to build a wood cabinetry but since i had a few boxes of tile leftover from the basement floor decided to use it

IMG_6537.jpg

DSCF1967.jpg

DSCF3594-1.jpg

DSCF3595-1.jpg

Wow, everything looks great! I really like the mosaic. I see that the tank has been running for 18 months now, how much time did it take you to build all this?

Again, looks great!

logiktest, thanks im glad yo liked it the system is 14 months young, and took me 1 month to build and connect the system (barebones) and the tweaking is been ongoing im still adjusting things but is a mature and stable system now.

im glad you liked the mosaic !!!

Especially the mosaic!! Inspirational to say the least.

You get a score of 11/10 points! Minus one (-1) for not cleaning up the wiring more, but you got two bonus points (+2) for creativity and overall neatness of the layout. 110% :)

Top notch!

Looking great!

I like your selection of fish too, most people would have shoved 6 tangs in there, but it looks like you're more into the schooling types of fish, which I like (no offense to people with tangs).

Great work.

Great work. Its nice to see that you intergraded you love for art into your system. Well done my friend.
All I have to say is that me gusta mucho.
Bravo

Back