Bricky's new Elos......

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Very Cool :) My neck's getting better now and thank's for the warning !!

Looks like 4 tunze stream's ??

:)

Paul

The back wall has two 6201's turned up full throttle and the opposite end is 6101's tuned down to be 6000's for the time being.

Next time I see you I owe you an advil or two.

For those of you that don't know, I've been using the Elos Purist line and am pretty happy with the results.

Here's a list of doses:

I started the Elos Purist Line on day one. I would say that I am really happy with the results of using it too.

Initial doses of Purist Line:

Filtra M - 3 liters (2/3rds changed every 7 weeks)
RB10 - 5 ml (every other day)
RB20 - 6 droppers full (once a week)
RB30 - 1/2 tsp (every day) apprx. 2.5ml
RB40 - 2.5 tsp (once a week) apprx. 12.3ml
RB50 - 5ml (every day)

I was also doing a 30 gallon water change and changed out the carbon once a month.

Current doses of Purist Line:

Filtra M - 4 liters
RB10 - 7ml (every other day)
RB20 - 2 droppers (every day)
RB30 - 3/4tsp (every day) 3.7ml
RB40 - 1/4tsp (every day) 1.2ml
RB50 - 7ml (every day)

I am mixing up the RB30, RB40, and SVC in a small cup of tank water and then add once the lights go off. If I don't the fish will eat alot of the additives.

I'm also adding the following as of the last month:

Zeovit Sponge Power - 1ml (daily)
Pro Skimmer - 3 droppers (daily)
Amino Acids - 2 droppers (twice a week)
SVC - .8ml daily

I knew I was running lean on the Filtra M and RB20, but just wanted to see the results. I'm much happier with the higher amounts and things are looking really good in my eyes.

I'll take some equipment pictures to show where I have the Filtra M.

Corals10-28-08014.jpg

Corals10-28-08015.jpg

Corals10-28-08016.jpg

So I found this guy/gal wondering around after the lights went out last night. I'm surprised the photos turned out. Anybody else seen an emerald crab release eggs?

EmeraldCrabspawning001.jpg

EmeraldCrabspawning006.jpg

Beauty, Matt! :cool: I hope he behaves himself.

I saw you have your Goldflake angel for sale. What's your fish-catching technique? I still need to catch a dwarf angel...

jan,

I caught my flame angel by waiting until the lights went out, place red film over a flashlight..it took my 10 mins to catch it..in my situation I needed to turn off the main return so I could see to the bottom of the tank..I had too much rippling on the top of the tank..

HTH,
Kirk

Back