Bubble Trap Height

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

shamukaiser

Building a sump/refigium.... scenario : first baffles is 9 inches tall (water depth) , next baffle is a bubble trap one inch off the bottom of the sump and ine inch above the height of the first baffle... next baffle is 14 inches high (the first wall of the refigium) is that too high considering that the first is 9 inches? Did I screw up? or will water make it up and over the 14 inch wall?

Any ideas?

thanks

Shamu

Building a sump/refigium.... scenario : first baffles is 9 inches tall (water depth) , next baffle is a bubble trap one inch off the bottom of the sump and ine inch above the height of the first baffle... next baffle is 14 inches high (the first wall of the refigium) is that too high considering that the first is 9 inches? Did I screw up? or will water make it up and over the 14 inch wall?

Any ideas?

thanks

Shamu

I dont think that will work... Mine starts with a 12" baffle then another at 12" with 1" teeth to hold back snails and macro algae then the bubble trap 1" off the bottom then the last baffle at 10".Think of it as it basically runs downhill.

Last edited:
thanks... after posting I did some research and the height of the "tallest" baffle will be the height of the water.... so I need to take down the 14 inch walls, make them 9 inches and then I will have a 9 inch deep sump with about 9 inches to spare in case of pump/electricity failure.... thanks for the reply.

Shanu

Back