dd911's 40B Project...

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Hey Matt I just ordered this Bubble Magus skimmer...http://www.nuocean.com/skimmers/bubble-magus-bm100-115v-60hz.html

I read the reviews on RC and I was suprised how many people love these skimmers. It has a similar footprint (6.7" x 10.6") as the swc 160 just a bit smaller For $150 shipped how could I go wrong?:)

I'll be giving you a call shortly...

Let me know how you like it, I might just upgrade my ASM Mini to this. I think it is the same foot print. I am having a hard time using my Ozone on my 90 because of the cap design of the ASM. They vent at the top through the locks, there are no holes to put carbon over so sometimes if all the Ozone is not used you can smell it. I have it set so low but I want to turn it up to the levels it needs to be at. Right now it is set to a level better then no Ozone but needs to be turned up in a week or two.

Oh Yes that is because of my teenaged daugther, last thing I need is all the boys getting the phone number and calling.

It happened a few years ago and they were calling at 3am. No Respect

I hear that!
I got a blond hair, blue eyed, 8 year old girl that's as cute as a button.
Gonna have to have Matt build a chastity belt for her LOL

Alright, back on track here....

Jayson just dropped off his tank and stand and I will be building his sump/fuge as well as his overflow and plumbing. this will be a fun build, I will post updates with pictures. keep tuned in here this is sure to be a sweet build for a 40g!!!!!

matt

Before I express my excitement let me say that Salty your skimmer is amazing!!!!!! You should see the gunk that thing pulls out!!! Matt took the cup out and no joke there was about 2" of thick nasty junk in there all around the neck. The smell was terrible! You are really going to like this dual skimmer!!! The quality is incredible!:D

Okay so I just want to thank Matt for taking the time to help me with this build! He has a wealth of knowledge and ideas and took the time tonight to go over everything. Looking forward to the pics in the upcoming weeks! :)

Let me know how you like it, I might just upgrade my ASM Mini to this. I think it is the same foot print. I am having a hard time using my Ozone on my 90 because of the cap design of the ASM. They vent at the top through the locks, there are no holes to put carbon over so sometimes if all the Ozone is not used you can smell it. I have it set so low but I want to turn it up to the levels it needs to be at. Right now it is set to a level better then no Ozone but needs to be turned up in a week or two.

You got it Salty! I should have it in a just under a week or so. Probably won't be skimming for a little while though unless I can use someone's tank.:)

Id say go deeper and just raise the skimmer to your liking providing your stand will be tall enough to accomidate it. Maybe an acyrlic puck or something...

Back