dd911's 40B Project...

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

is the tank going to be hanging over the edge like that lol

you are probablly going to drill out the stand

Looks great my man!! The overflow box looks nice. This thing should have coral in it by next week right:D? J/K:lol:

Looks great my man!! The overflow box looks nice. This thing should have coral in it by next week right:D? J/K:lol:

Yep it's a very nice overflow box (props to Matt) it's just having a hard time keeping up with the return so it's dialed down a bit with a ball valve. Next week is possible but I'm going to wait for a couple months for corals. Fish not so much more like a few weeks.:lol:

Absolutely love it! Tested that out last night as well and it makes a great wave and provides all the flow in the tank...:D

except for the return right?

so you are going to aquascape your tank so that everything is getting hit by it
is it that much of a wave effect that you wont need anymore powerheads or another sorce of flow?

sweet, cant wait to see that skimmer going I ordered a MSX160 (it still is not here) but I am still interested in how that one does.

Keep up the great work

It is just as important to let others know our mistakes so they do not make the same mistakes
True! true!

J- Looking good. I told your wife to have you get in touch w/me. Looks like you are well on the way :)
D

True! true!

J- Looking good. I told your wife to have you get in touch w/me. Looks like you are well on the way :)
D

Hey Dan! She told me she talked to you a couple weeks back...she keeps telling me she here's more about my tank plans from you and Joe than myself...:lol: I need to pay another visit and see that magnificent tank of yours...:)

except for the return right?

so you are going to aquascape your tank so that everything is getting hit by it
is it that much of a wave effect that you wont need anymore powerheads or another sorce of flow?

The return is providing flow but I have it turned down to maybe 300 gph instead of 650. I need to find a flow accel or something. The vortech is just fine though. It has such a wide flow and undertow I'm not to worried about it.:)

sweet, cant wait to see that skimmer going I ordered a MSX160 (it still is not here) but I am still interested in how that one does.

Keep up the great work

Thanks Salty! I should have the skimmer up and running by the weekend. Wont be much to skim though. I was going to go with the msx as well and can always upgrade to that in the future but this one should do well for a fully stocked 40b.:)

Thanks Salty! I should have the skimmer up and running by the weekend. Wont be much to skim though. I was going to go with the msx as well and can always upgrade to that in the future but this one should do well for a fully stocked 40b.:)

yeah you should be fine, I seen too many mixed reviews for your skimmer on my 90 gallon. like I said it should be more then enough for your 40gallon.

The ASM skimmer I have now is working great with filling up that cup, I just need piece of mind. Ever since I had issues with my 55 and they seems to be resolved by upgrading to double what I needed for a skimmer I live by that now.

Look at the beast I had Matt build for me all that for a 630 gallon tank.

That is really cool. Now I want a couple vortechs, my husband to drill our 40 breeders and put in overflows and cool sumps like Matt built you. Great work. hmm, I'll have to add these to my honey do list :lol:.

Back