dd911's 40B Project...

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Here's what's going to be done this Friday/Sat...

P/U tank and stand

Paint stand black and waterproof it. Some more trim work also.:)

Drill holes for the tank (thanks to Roscoe!)

Cut hole for dj strip and ACjr

Cut hole in back of stand to accomodate 3" fan for humidity removal within stand.

Bring back tank/stand to Matt's for the final assembly...:)

Next week sometime I should have everything ready to go and then the real fun will begin...:lol:

Jayson, where are you getting your vortech from and how much was it? I was kind of thinking about getting one. The koralia's are nice and work alright, but I'm just not very happy with them. I was thinking of getting the mp40w so I could get a some nice waves going.

Drill holes for the tank (thanks to Roscoe!)

I'm stopping by Sarang's late this week so we can drill the tank!:)

Wow, I guess we know who the go-to-guy is for drilling...:rolleyes: valuable lessons are learned on this board all the time :shock:

I think there should probably be a ''FREE FRAGS FOR LIFE'' clause for the good faith of the hole saw owner :D:D:D.

Okey dokey here's a little update...

I just rec'd my Bubble Magus 100 skimmer and Vortech mp40. I will say that this skimmer looks awesome. It doesn't look or feel cheap at all. I'll get some pics hopefully this weekend. The vortech will be providing about 80% of the flow in the tank but I think 3000 gph plus the return is enough.:) I'll probably put it on reef crest mode or long pulse for wave action.:D

Holes have been drilled and I'm painting the stand tomorrow as well as painting the back of the tank black. I bought some black vinyl just in case I want to use that instead.

Tomorrow I should have more pics of the progress, I'll update this weekend...

Last edited:
So everything was fine with the vortech? Did it ship from the vendor or direct from ecotech? You received a receipt and everything looks right? I'm just wondering cause the price just seems too good to be true if you get my understanding.

So everything was fine with the vortech? Did it ship from the vendor or direct from ecotech? You received a receipt and everything looks right? I'm just wondering cause the price just seems too good to be true if you get my understanding.

I know it arrived but it's at my parents house.:lol: They would only ship to a confirmed address via my paypal and that was the one. I know it's there but I have not seen it yet. I'll know more tonight.

Yeah, I saw that on the paypal order. What do they mean a confirmed address? I haven't paid on it yet cause I wanted to make sure everything was fine with what you got.

Yeah, I saw that on the paypal order. What do they mean a confirmed address? I haven't paid on it yet cause I wanted to make sure everything was fine with what you got.

It was my address like 4 yrs ago and I used to get everything shipped there. I accidentally forgot to change the address before I submitted the order and it defaulted my old address.:lol:

progress on the sump

Here are a few pictures of the progress I made on the sump today. this was a quick simple build. all that needs done is drill holes for the refuge inlet and outlet and router the edges as well as some polishing...

sump004-1.jpg

sump003-1.jpg

sump005-1.jpg

Cheers!
Matt

Holy smokes! That looks amazing and super clean! You do some great work Matt! Can't wait to see it tomorrow!

Just wondering if you need to drill also for the return pump:?: I can bring that with me tomorrow as well...:)

woah.... thats simple?!!! noiceeeee i think ill need to speak with you in the future matt for a new design i have cookin.

LOOKIN GOOD daily

Great looking job and that reminds me I need you to do my sump too before we ship / drive. PM me when you are ready for some more work.

Great looking job and that reminds me I need you to do my sump too before we ship / drive. PM me when you are ready for some more work.

Hey James, lets get your sump in the works too bro, send me a pm with some ideas on dimensions...

I love doing this (building tanks, skimmers, Reactors, sumps and more) so anyone who wants something shoot me a pm, I would love to help you out!!!!

matt

Back