Finally Got my Liverock (Pic Intensive)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Illusion

I got 260lbs of Pukani Liverock in today... Showed up at my door like it was no big Deal... And Holy Moly Talk about some nice huge Pieces... Looks soo sweet Cant wait to get it Cured and Aquascaped in my tank... Boy is it Stinky though LOL

Here are a few pics..

DSCF2020.sized.jpg

DSCF2021.sized.jpg

DSCF2023.sized.jpg

DSCF2024.sized.jpg

James

Awesome James! Pukani makes for great aquascaping - I loved scaping with it. Gotta like the huge pieces :) Let us know how the curing process goes!

Ohh yeah... Looks like Aquascaping Is gonna be a cakewalk with this stuff... Cant wait to get it in the tank... It stinks so bad in my house... Maybe once I get it in the Garbage cans It will lighten up the smell some...

James

No I didnt.. But I know Both Reefermadness and Fragfarmers both have it...

James

yeah I like the look of it a lot as well... Looks like very good rock... I think I might have ordered maybe 1 case too much though LOL.. I guess well see once I start Aquascaping it.. I will definetly Keep everyone updated...

James

oh yah, I noticed that this rock goes further than others. It is not as dense, so for the weight you get a lot of rock. I didn't use all of the rock I got myself.

And I agree, that rock STINKS for the first week or so. Mine was in a trash can for 5 weeks before I put it in the tank. Lid closed. 2 to 3 water changes per week. Worked out very well for curing.

Its kinda funny on the Size of some of these pieces... There was atleast 1 huge piece of rock per box... Just for Kicks I just weighed the largest piece that I think came in the whole bunch and It was only 25lbs... I am Amazed how big it is and It only weighing 25lbs... The other big pieces that you see are nothing compared to this piece.. You can kinda see the piece I just weighed in the far right tub on tob towards the back...

Thanks for the heads up on curing it... I have it in 2 trash cans and a Tote... I was trying to figure out a way to get my Skimmer and ozone going on it but thats just not gonna happen... I have all my windows open... Very strange.. My wife says the rock smells good and she likes the smell... I am thinking she is plain sick LOL...

James

Last edited:
That Pukani is awesome looking rock. I am definitly going to use it in my new tank. Looks great James :D

Thanks... I just wish I was in a house instead of an Apartment that way I had other options on where to put it instead of the dining room... With lids on the containers its not soo bad... Take off the lids and holy cow... Makes ya wish you were dead...

Wierd thing is one of the boxes had some sort of knat or Fruitfly all through the box... I have been skimming off with my net eggs and all sorts of things from the stupid fly things... I guess I can consider them dead if they are in the water LOL...

Thanks again for all the compliments... I am just like a kid with a new toy.. Cant wait to get the Stuff in the water and start planting my reef again..

James

James - I had the same sort of thing with the flies, and pupae (?) floating in my water when the pukani was curing. We got used to the smell (cured the rock in the tank) :D. I just hope my clothes didn't smell like that when I went out. LOL

LOL.. yeah I hope my clothes dont smell like this either lol...

The fly things were wierd It was only on 1 box... I still cant believe my wife thinks it smells good...

If I didnt have clams, Fish and Anemones in my tank I would have surely cured it in the tank... But I dont think they would like it all that well...

James

Very nice looking rock you got there. I'm working on setting up a 90 now and will have to consider the Pukani when I am ready. Consider yourself lucky that your wife is ok with the smell, I am not looking forward to the day when mine fusses about rocks curing, doubt I can blame it on the dog LOL.

GREAT looking rock. Man are you gonna have fun aquascaping or what!! Get out the tywraps and see what happens, I'm sure you will come up with that is worth looking at.
So your wife thinks the rock smells good?????????????????? I remember the first time Lorie opened up a box of uncured fiji..........................

The Fly - Part III ?

LOL :lol:

James....you must be in candy land right now ;) Just wait for those suckers to cure and you're good to go!

- Elmo

Back