Finally, room for fish and corals

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

May I ask were in SF did you pick up this beauty? Was the tank shipped there and made in SF?
I can not wait to see this tank up and running!!!!

bdogfish -

Elos / Jesse Sira is the man to talk to. He's located in Pleasanton, CA. The tank was built in Bologna, Italy (I think that's the right city) and then shipped to Pleasanton. The Barrier Reef boys (Thanks Tim and Cy) and I then drove down and picked this monster up. That was a great trip, but a little nerve racking on the way home.

Well here's the canopy almost finished. It took a few weeks to get this back, but I'm really happy with how it turned out. I almost don't want to powder coat it.

Elostanklights025.jpg

Elostanklights027.jpg

Elostanklights031.jpg

I made the top sections removable for maintenance. I also still need to have the vents laser cut so the fans can breathe.

Elostanklights033.jpg

Elostanklights034.jpg

Elostanklights035.jpg

Not quite finished with plumbing the freshwater and saltwater vats but I still had to share.
TankEquipment064.jpg

I also put some light under each of my equipment stands.

TankEquipment068.jpg

TankEquipment069.jpg

quick question where did you pickup those vats?......btw awesome tank

You can get them from Berg Vault company in Mt. Vernon, or stay closer to home and find a vault company here in town. When I bought them they were about $225 each, but with the price of petroleum having gone up you'll see that these have gotten to be a little pricey.

Thanks for the compliments too.:D

Matt,
Would you be interested in doing a club meeting? I think a lot of people would love to compare your system.
Ed:)

How about an all Elos tank tour? The catch is that you would have to wait until I at least get some water in the tank.

"and Slow flow Sponge/Tunicate"

Is this going to be a Dark unlit Zone? How Large? How slow the flow?

Are you going to be able to clean the fans in the hood or will it be screwed in place from the inside? Is the Ca Reactor gravity fed Pulled thru or pushed thru ?

Looks Fantastic so Far !!

Fill it Fill it Fill It Fill it Fill it!!! :)

Paul

Paul -

The 'slow flow' or cryptic zone fuge along with the semi-cryptic and DSB will all be covered to keep as much light out as possible. Each refugium is right at about 55 gallons, and as far as how much flow each seperate fuge will get I'm not sure until I turn on the pumps. They may end up being something like this: cryptic (100-200 gph), semi-cryptic (200-400 gph), DSB (700-900 gph), macro fuge (700-900 gph).

The tops of the canopy are removable so that I can clean the fans.

The calcium reactor you see in the pictures is not going to be used on this tank. It's way to small to handle 800 gallons of system water. I'm hoping to pick up an Elos REA 200, but it's a bit on the pricey side.

Sound's good I am realy interested in the zonal system. I would love to see how it is routed plumbed and to know more about it so I will tag along !

:)

Paul

Paul - take a look at post #22. This shows how I have the refugiums plumbed. The valved plumbing is the return and the larger diameter is the drain. I have the top section also valved so that I can eliminate flow, slow down the composite flow, or remove those refugiums.

I also took my aluminum down today to have it laser cut. That is, I'm having the fan outputs and a few other holes cut because I wanted a design and clean cut that I can't do with any tools I have.

Power center that will be under the tank at the back by the overflow dry boxes.

Equipment15.jpg

Equipment14.jpg

I'm interested in the control panels/power centers you used...type aand where did you pick them up? BTW this is one of the best systems I have seen...can't wait to see it up and running...and have a meeting at your place:D

Back