Finally, room for fish and corals

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

No problem Jan. The bags are the Ocean Direct Live Sand you can get at Barrier Reef. As far as salt goes I just ordered up 10 buckets of SeaChem Reef Salt.

The hood fans, are they sucking air out of the hood or blowing air in?
Looks nice BTW, class "A" all the way!

Scooterman - The fans will be sucking out heat from the lamp.

Deb - The stand will get glass doors at each opening that has a green/frosted look. The l.e.d's will then just be glowing in the stand area to "look cool".

i'm tagging along here,,just can'twait to see when it completed,,look like you are ready for full blown SPS for sure:):):),,keep on going matt,,cheer!!:)

Got a few things done today.

Put in my l.e.d. mood lighting. Found these at a Vetco Electronics www.vetcosurplus.com for about $7 each. All I had to do was add a 12v dc supply and wire them in series.

StandPictures007.jpg

StandPictures015.jpg

May I ask why in series? is it too bright?

The led's are run in series as that's how these work for my application. I went with 8 (10 bulb) led's and I would say that's it's just right.

Georgous.. Your commitment to this project is daunting!

One offering I have from experience with large tanks. I see your tank will be sitting on a sub-floor with laminate. In my experience over time the seams in the laminate will pull in water and swell. Coupled with the large amount of weight the moisture could prove problematic. Although little to know maint will be done in the display room, tank tinkering alone will result in lots of exposure to the water (did in my case anyway).

I know it's more work but I'd encourage you to consider flooring the area under and at least 2' around the tank with a Tile. The existing fireplace tile could even be easily matched.

Did this forum move to another location? This was one of my favorite things to look at on RF. What a great project!

Back